Cupra tyres.

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
Its time to replace my Michelin Pilot Cup 2 tyres that came on the car.

There amazing in the summer but leave me slightly disapointed in the wet.

Im favouring the new Michelin pilot 4S's but would like to know your views and thoughts.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vortex66

Jul 1, 2016
I've been reading a lot on this topic and I don't think you can get anything better that the Pilot Super Sports or the Pilot Sport 4S. (especially for the wet)

Last edited:

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
I had super sports on my 400bhp focus RS and they where very good just that the 4S's are newer technology.

rozer1974

Feb 6, 2017
wirral
living in England we don't get that many dry days to use the super sports I would definatly get the ps4s. If you are going to spend £165 a corner on a tyre then its worth spending the extra £35 for the best tyre out there. Amazing in the dry and the wet. I have the ps4s you can still enjoy your car in any conditions.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Yeah I've also found the pss to be amazing in the wet. I'm amazed how far the tires can be pushed in wet conditions. They will be able to rip my face off come the summer!

Happy Days

Cupra 280/ FR 184 Nice.
Apr 13, 2016
Somerset
I put Conti Sport Contact 6's all around. I am very happy with them but my only gripe is that I have read they do not last very long. I will wait and see.

Deleted member 103408

The PSS are 159 a corner on Amazon. They are summer tires with wet grading as A (the highest level). These are very good tires but the new ps4s are even better @ 174 a corner. My local tire shop said the conti tires are soft compound stick to road but only last 8k. I have just fitted PSS and very happy with them (grip and lack of bounce) and they should last 14k hopefully.

rozer1974

Feb 6, 2017
wirral
good luck trying to get 8k from contisport 6 I got 4months from them they are way to soft save your cash and get the ps4s had PSS they are very good tyre in the dry but not in the same league as the newer ps4s in the wet .

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
PSS are good so the PS4s should be good if not better. On the absolute limit you wont match the cup2's with PSS but what they lack in what will make up 5% of your driving perhaps, they make up in being much more stable in the wet. While I miss the extreme grip of the cup2's (sometimes), when it comes to replace the PSS ill go for the PS4s myself.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Don't forget that the PS4S has now been released, sitting above the PS4 and also is the true successor to the PSS

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
Wow those contis really are soft and don't last long then.

I have only done 2k on mine but can't see them going much past 6k either. Have a car that is chipped and running more BHP won't help the conti life span either ;-)

I would defo Michelin next. Super sport or the ps4s

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Pirelli Pzero K1 done me pretty well, I believe they have a sensor in the new one which transmits tyre temperature and data to your Pirelli App on your phone.

A heads up if 2 or more of you want the same tyres a full set (so 8 in total) get them booked from where ever, meet up on the day their delivered and go down and pay together in cash.

You'll be amazed by how much you save on each tyre if you buy over 4, it's classed as a special order usually around £40 a tyre you save providing there priced around £180-200

You don't have to put a deposit down to get them ordered in and if the tyres aren't bought, there sent back no charges