Lowering springs

iNowack

Feb 23, 2017
Belgrade
Hi fellas,

i have FR 2.0 TDi 150ps 2016, im in a huge dilemma between H&R and Eibach springs.
Can anyone help me which one to choose, i see that H&R have same lowering height front/back while Eibach not, also which one is more comfortable even that stock springs?

Thanks in advance :)

steffeen

Jan 31, 2017
I've bought the 40/40 from AP.. Can't wait for them to be fitted as soon as the spring is here..

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Hi fellas,

i have FR 2.0 TDi 150ps 2016, im in a huge dilemma between H&R and Eibach springs.
Can anyone help me which one to choose, i see that H&R have same lowering height front/back while Eibach not, also which one is more comfortable even that stock springs?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi
I've got the Eibach pro kit and they're ok but if I would be choosing again I'd go for Eibach sportline which is a bit lower, the prokit doesnt make a big change, unless thats what you're after. Comfort is the same.. A bit stiffer now on roundabouts and bends which is a positive

iNowack

Feb 23, 2017
Belgrade
Hi
I've got the Eibach pro kit and they're ok but if I would be choosing again I'd go for Eibach sportline which is a bit lower, the prokit doesnt make a big change, unless thats what you're after. Comfort is the same.. A bit stiffer now on roundabouts and bends which is a positive

Hi Miguel,

could i please ask you to post picture of your car (side) so i can see the difference with Pro-Kit?

That will help me a lot :help::)

Thanks for reply.

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Hi Miguel,

could i please ask you to post picture of your car (side) so i can see the difference with Pro-Kit?

That will help me a lot :help::)

Thanks for reply.

Does that help? I didnt take it myself and some dont understand 'from the side' :D:D
14nh6oy.jpg

iNowack

Feb 23, 2017
Belgrade
Yeah that helps a lot, can you send me eibach code of your spings on pm or here as i see that they two different setts of springs?

Side is side of the car 90' so only side is visible this is rear +right side but i can see the difference in comparisson to mine.

Thank you a lot and sorry for bothering you but i don`t want to give 250eur to be dissapointed

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Yours would be a different one as mine has multilink in the back,
Before you buy look for some pics with the Eibach sportline springs ;)

iNowack

Feb 23, 2017
Belgrade
Yours would be a different one as mine has multilink in the back,
Before you buy look for some pics with the Eibach sportline springs ;)
Yeah i forgot that my is with rigid rear axle anyway you helped me a lot.

I will try to find some with Sportsline but i suppose that then i will have to change shock absorbers as well.

Once again thanks a lot.

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
It's springs only as well and price is very similar so worth looking dont need to change shock absorbers

iNowack

Feb 23, 2017
Belgrade
Are you sure that there is no need for changing of shocks as sportsline are -45/-40

Last edited:

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
To be honest cant see a difference between the pro kit by looking at your pics 
I said I'd go for sportlines if I could choose again but earlier I saw them on a Leon with 19s and looked much better but with standard wheels it doesnt
Cant see a big difference tbh, so I think not worth the money then

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
Lads bare in mind that you are doing "half job" if you changing the springs and leaving oem dampers.... if you doing it, do it 100%.

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
Nothing special if you have the FR shocks.

The complete German Leon forum drives with FR shocks and lowering springs.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk

thats correct, but majority people on forums prefers look on top of the performance. another thing is extra cost.

if you leave oem shocks they will die sooner, the ride comfort will not be as good as with paired bundle.

especially cars with DCC/ACC suspension are not very friendly with aftermarket springs. people only speculate how make these to work together, rather than buy full bundle.

all cars are coming from factory designated to get you the best ride comfort/performance. if you change only part of it you will not get the "top" result.

people says "yeah they are fine". but what thats mean in practice?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.