Android 7 Problems

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Hi,

My Sony phone has just been updated from Android 6 to Android 7. On the plus side phone is quicker, but the downside the Bluetooth is broken when using it on the car. Sound still comes through, however display is jumbled up, text on top of each other. No track names and an inability to navigate through the tracks. Have tried with Spotify, Google Play and YouTube - all broken.

Asides from a new phone or attempting to downgrade any ideas?

Thanks.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I would try deleting the pairing in the car settings and the phone settings then reboot the phone and pair them again.

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Not that I'm aware of. Contacted Sony, their response was to wait for another patch. But they have no idea when that will be.

steffeen

Jan 31, 2017
Great :( Have had my car for 3 weeks and now i can only hear music and pause in the car :p annoying.
But thanks for sharing answer

Last edited:

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Same trouble with my xperia z5c after update to android 7 can't control the next or previous track

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

fabiavrs2004

Sep 11, 2015
Bristol
There was a similar issue last when my HTC was updated to android 6.0, it took a few weeks for the android auto app and the lollipop update to be updated. Unfortunately, we'll have to accept it, still pants though.

Aknedude

Jan 24, 2017
Theres no fix before the 7.1.2 release of Nougat (7.0) Google has fixed it (took Them 6 Month) But only on thre Own Pixel phone. I have fixed it partilly with an app where you Can turn Ad2p on with ease. Its called AD2P Switcher in playstore.