Frozen Screen

Supersun

Feb 10, 2016
Hi guys,

Has anyone else had problems with their screen freezing and not letting you press anything on it?

I can switch between screens using the buttons, but can't actually press anything on the screen itself. At one point the radio actually started jumping between stations. Turned the car on/off a few times but it didn't fix the issue until about the 4th time of doing this.

Car still in warranty until May so assuming this would be covered? Has anyone else had a similar experience and what was the resolution?

Thanks!

Martynm14

Oct 19, 2014
Common issue according to where I bought the car from up in Warrington, is covered under guarantee so they'll replace it free of charge, if not, the screen and sensor costs upwards of £400.

Mine did the same thing and they replaced it in under an hour, wish they couldve sent it out to me so I didn't have to drive 2 hours for it, but at least it works now.

biker1200dct

Apr 6, 2016
Mine does that quoted £780 for the parts should be getting it replaced under good will from Seat

Supersun

Feb 10, 2016
Mine is going in on Monday for this very issue. However, my dealership says there's a software update for it? So mines going to get a software update.

Video of mine:

How is the screen now mate?

I took mine in to the dealer's for inspection yesterday and they've said I need a new screen, which is being done under warranty.

A little relieved really as was worried about being fobbed off.

The dealer didn't actually say "Seat have told us there's nothing we can do if it happens when the temperature is below 0 degrees." This was before they even took a look so excuses were at the ready!!

Last edited:

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
How is the screen now mate?

I took mine in to the dealer's for inspection yesterday and they've said I need a new screen, which is being done under warranty.

A little relieved really as was worried about being fobbed off.

The dealer didn't actually say "Seat have told us there's nothing we can do if it happens when the temperature is below 0 degrees." This was before they even took a look so excuses were at the ready!!

It froze again after the supposed software fix around a week ago, so no better than before.

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
When I collected mine i was told its a common problem and there's nothing they can do because its cold. He said if it keeps doing when the weather warms up they will have another look at it.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I had an issue in mine after Christmas when the screen was powered but totally blank, eventually I found if I pressed both the Power and Tuning dials down for 10+ seconds the system rebooted with the 'Seat' logo.

That's the 2013 Tech Pack version of the system though.

Supersun

Feb 10, 2016
Does the replacement screen come with its own warranty?

My warranty runs out in May so will be annoying if the problem occurs again shortly after!

mick_n3

Jul 23, 2014
Kettering Northants
Does the replacement screen come with its own warranty?

My warranty runs out in May so will be annoying if the problem occurs again shortly after!

Because it has been replaced under the vehicle warranty it will only be covered until your main warranty ends, so after May it won't be covered, you may be lucky and get some good will if it does fail after that.

biker1200dct

Apr 6, 2016
only if you pay for them im sure any part fitted under warranty only has warranty as long as the vehicle

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
When I collected mine i was told its a common problem and there's nothing they can do because its cold. He said if it keeps doing when the weather warms up they will have another look at it.

Don't get fobbed off with this excuse, it's 'Not Fit For Purpose' if this is happening! I mean what if you live in a cold climate are you supposed to live with this problem? I think not!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.