Petrol Cap

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
I think it's on the inner side on the left, I'm no technical wizard I'll see if I can get you a photo on my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
b242e1c05ca33d27e3fd21a01962e11b.jpg
18849f2bc3ed0156c1b02521da52f760.jpg

From what I gather they filed the edges down on inside edge and oil / lubricant applied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ERIC3451

Jan 20, 2014
Northern Ireland
The penny has dropped. Got it now :)
There appears to be two possible problems. One with the actuator itself and one with parts fouling in the petrol flap assembly recess.
Like crisRibiza mine was the actuator itself. The petrol flap eventually wouldn't lock with the central locking rather than have difficulty in opening it. Although for first time opening my flap needs to be pushed directly on the position over the actuator "piston"

Some day I might act on the experience of member glenh and open up the old actuator and see if a clean up and lubricate the inners.

Last edited:

ERIC3451

Jan 20, 2014
Northern Ireland
glenh you say that you were able to open up your petrol locking actuator.
After several weeks, and out of curiosity, I had a go at removing the lid from the old actuator. Broke off all the small wedge clips that appeared to locate the lid to the actuator body, but the lid remains firm. Am I missing something?

glenh

Feb 10, 2017
It's glued on. If you open it you'll need to glue it back together.

p.s. be careful - there are spring loaded bits inside that will try to escape when you open it :)

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
Hi,

After a bit of advice.

When I unlock the car, the petrol cap is not releasing everytime. When I press the unlock button on the fob again it will release.

Any advice/suggestions?

Also when I lock the car, the petrol cap lock makes a rattle noise around the release?

Does it need a replacing?

Cheers

Ads

IIRC each key is driver specific and can be programmed to unlock drivers door only with a single press or all doors and boot with a single press. If it is configured for drivers door only you will require two presses to unlock the fuel cap :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members