Im back-fr170 ???

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Hey guys.

After a very shirt stint in a civic type r.

Lovely looking. Horrid drive

I thought what could i buy. Ive had alot of fast high powered petrols. A few may remeber my yellow k1. Well smaller budget this time saw me buying a deisel. I know right

Its currently doing 3 times the mpg of my civic lol. Nippy to boot

Candy white fr170

So this morning set about cleaning it.

Usual thing

Degreased and brushed

While i was under the bonnet the body was soaking in a fallout remover

Turns a cool purple colour

Then once washed in in the actual snow, not snow foam, i dragged it inside for a quick look over. Tbh its had paint. Some of it not the best colour match. I do plan on painting it so i just waxed and sealed the rubbers

Inside got a wet vac with ag interior shampoo. Then all the plastics and treated with aerospace 303.

Interior is clean, can tell its been a reps car.

Heres the out side, sealed with fusso soft 99

First impression is good. Got bags of potential.

Mods wise

Tripple r splitter
Cupra r rear spoiler and didfuser exhaust
Bit of blacking on the bumper and im happy

In the future maybe the tick rear lights

Im tempted to gut the dpf and map it. Is it a big difference or am i in to clutch territory.

Second thing is the coming home light, on the k1 they just worked. On this i have to flash the light before i get out....

Be seeing you

Jake

GhulamAfzal11

Feb 14, 2017
Wakefield
Lovely car mate and you've done a fantastic job cleaning it too! It's such a satisfying feeling when you spend time cleaning your car and just staring at it afterwards:lol:

The modifications will look good too you have similar taste to me which is to still keep the car looking classy and not chavvy! This will be so much different to your K1 but remap is entirely upto you, depends how well the car has been looked after and maintained if it has then go for it.

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
Very nice! Is it the common rail TDi 170? I had great results from my REVO Stage 1 remap on my Octavia vRS. Really smooth map, just over 200BHP with the DPF left in.

I've just moved to the Mk3 Leon 184. Will wait til the warranty expires before giving it the same treatment. ;-)

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Welcome back.

I remember your yellow one, it was one of the nicest when it had the Bola b1's on.

Didnt you have an A4 estate after that?

For me DPF out and mapping is a must with these as the DPF is just a pain. I did the clutch shortly after as it was slipping but had done nearly 90k.

Last edited:

Shepo08

Nov 15, 2016
Surrey
Very nice I have the same car/colour as you, can I just ask have you managed to find a cupra r spoiler ? I have looked every where for one and I can only find the k1/btcc spoiler with the curve in the middle I don't want that one I just want the cupra r spoiler

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Yeah im going to keep an eye on the dpf.

I have had an a4 quattro estate. Two impreza since then haha

Spoiler sadly had to buy new from seat.

Fitted a splitter and blacked the grill. Looks so much better

Jake

Stubaru

Apr 7, 2014
Looks nice. I would definitely go for a remap though, it transforms the car from standard. It's supposed to be 170BHP, but the guy who mapped mine said most of them that come in to him standard are 180+BHP. I got 226BHP and 320ft/lb Torque leaving the DPF in. I'm not keen to remove it as if MOT's change in the future, I don't want to be having the same issues I get with my Impreza!

Jamie_T_APLBMX

Sep 6, 2013
I'm in the same boat as you. Sold my FN2 yesterday and picking up my Cupra R in 2 hours. Excited isn't the word.

I think I saw your sale post in the civinfo Facebook. Forced me to lower the price of mine .

Out with the old.

612ce7ffef67e0f67d44bdafce0052de.jpg

In with the new.

bcdc6173f786ef1aabaf31278d43c685.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
So finally got the spoiler on lol

Found some skirts on line so decided to order the rear valance too

Also had the car mapped and blanked the egr and removed the dpf.

Getting there slowly