lct clutch replacement anyone done it themselves?

stevocupra

Jul 1, 2016
Hi has any one do e this themselves and is it a sub frame out job? Mine is goi g to be needing do e in the near future so am wondering weather or not to tackle it myself or get it off to a garage.

stevocupra

Jul 1, 2016
Basically do you need the sub frame out and how hard is that to do on axle stands? The rest if it am happy to do on my back tbh.

19jeff89

Oct 20, 2016
hi did mine about a month ago but i did have use of car ramp i tried it without touching subframe but it didnt happen so i unbolted it on a transmision jack and just moved it about when needed if your doing it on floor i would recommend removing it completely and also the intercooler pipe between each intercooler, the more room you have the easier it will be, also i put new gearbox mount bolts and driveshaft hub bolts in as there stretch bolts

stevocupra

Jul 1, 2016
Not to bad then.thanks for the heads up the shaft bolts. Knew the mounts were but didn't realise the shafts were also. Goin to do an smf whilst I am in there. Am surprised its never had one as its on an 03 plate and done 156000 now. No mention of it in the receipts I have with it.

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
When I did mine I never removed my subframe . Once dog bone and gearbox mount is off the lot drops low enough and clears and comes out . I used an engine support on the top across the wings to support the engine once mounts off

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
When I got my clutch done I just rang my mates garage and paid him to do it. No sweat, no grazed knuckles and no sore back or s**t getting in my eye.

Job done!!!

:D

stevocupra

Jul 1, 2016
The problem is I don't trust garages as had to many ****ups in the past and I don't like paying someone for something I can do myself. Also means I can use some of what I Ave on the labour to buy a slightly better clutch kit.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.