mk3 Leon headlight conversion to LED.

adamant

May 13, 2014
the LED's are super cool and look great!!! I'm not fused how well they work - just how good they look.

Orbiter

Orbiter
Apr 3, 2015
Hi i have just brought a Mk3 Seat Leon 1.2 tsi SE automatic. I have carried out a few modifications now ie. FR front bumper, FR back bumper, FR steering wheel, FR seats, FR 19inch wheels, FR exhaust, lowered, black pack etc. but now i have moved on to the headlights. Sadly my Leon didn't come equip with the lovely LED headlights and i'm desperately trying to fit the LED headlights that I have just purchased. I was just wondering if that is possible? or if there is a conversion loom out there?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Ollie, you must be applauded to have done so much conversion in such a short time. It does beg the question though, surely it would have been a damned sight cheaper and easier to have got an FR in the first place?

Nov 28, 2006
I like my LED lights but my wife has a new Qashqai with LEDs and they make mine look they're not even turned on! The colour and way they illuminate the road is just leagues ahead of the Cupra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I wonder if its a case of them not being set up properly? When the Cupra arrived I found the LED's feeble compared to xenon's on previous LCR, adjusted them up slightly ( ¼ turn) and they seem better. Winter will tell.

CarstenDK

Aug 31, 2014
Anybody figured out, exactly how much work the fitting of an original LED headlight is?

I know the LED light i controlled by its own ecu, and definitly need VCDS coding. But whats more to do?

Bpositive

Oct 5, 2016
Www.bpositive.dk
I am also very interested to know if such a conversion is possible.

So far I have found the headlights on ebay for a reasonable price...

Parts number valeo 45107

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
Have anyone completed this conversion ?
I am about to do it on Sunday and I have all set up ready and all I need.

1. the lights
2. led cables from car with led lights
3. some cars already have the level sensor, not sure if the same used on alarm but my FR has it.
4. only one setting found on VCDS
5. Elsa win.

Sunday I will do the conversion and I really doubt will be the first one to do it.

Bpositive

Oct 5, 2016
Www.bpositive.dk

1. the lights
3. some cars already have the level sensor, not sure if the same used on alarm but my FR has it.
5. Elsa win.

Sunday I will do the conversion and I really doubt will be the first one to do it.
How did it go?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

steffeen

Jan 31, 2017

1. the lights
5. Elsa win.

Interested in how it went also,
Do you have the part numbers for the items you have used?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Having had the Leon LEDs on MK3, (Tech pack), and now Bi-Xenon's on Ibiza. My experience is that on the LEDs, the lens needs ot be clean for it to shine (no pun intended), on the Ibiza, as the light source is focus on a single point, it doens't matter if it's a bit dirty. When both I clean, I found the Bi-xenons better on dipped, but LEDs better on main (high) beam. Both cars came with lights a bit low on dipped, and were raised to correct level at MOT beam station. In heavy rain and or fog, found halogens better. Strangely my 63 plate Leon had no winter pack, but had headlight washers, perhaps it was the 'brighter' variant more than 2k lumens...subsequent LED Leons had no washers if no winter pack. Had seen some Leon LEDs with dirty lenses, and boy were their light output poor.

Apr 27, 2019

1. the lights
5. Elsa win.

Hi just wondering did you do the conversion as im thinking of changing my seat leon m3 fr headlights to the led ones

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise