2005 toledo gear box oil

ivr5944

Feb 16, 2017
hello there im new here but have a potential disaster on my hands. 1.9 tdi 105 bhp 5 spd box.
car runs lovely , but on long runs the gearbox can be a bit notch y when been driven 60 or so miles , was recommended to change gear oil so off to garage it went i was present.
top filler open and some oil dribbled out , bottom drain open and abt a cupfull came out and thats it . but still dribling out from the filler .
mechanic refits the drain plug and tops up but it only took abt half a cup , he then opens drain plug and only a tiny amount came out mr mechanik stumpt. he then refits drain plug and trys to fill it up he ended up only putting a tiny amount in he says as i saw it pore out of filler , neither of us know if theres enough oil in the box but it was rooring out of the filler and he refitted the bolt . grr im scared it just would not take any oil he said .
:cry: he did not charge me a penny as he says couldnt get any oil in it why please someone help

ivr5944

Feb 16, 2017
Ok problem solved , we turned the wheels a d the oil went in a 80 yr old mechanic did it with me , the old ways arre the best ways