Chrome surround on front grill

Shepo08

Nov 15, 2016
Surrey
Please could some one tell me or know any links how to remove the chrome surround on the 2010 face lift front grill please ? I can see they is some sort of clips on it but I don't want to snap them by doing it wrong. Thanks

GhulamAfzal11

Feb 14, 2017
Wakefield
Are you wanting to remove the chrome part of the grille to dechrome and and paint it black? Because if you are I'd recommend you just go to a professional.

It has been covered on the forum before if you just type it in the search bar there's loads of threads that come up :)

Shepo08

Nov 15, 2016
Surrey
Yeah i want to remove it so I can take it to that garage I am going to get it wrapped in gloss black vinyl I ain't going to try and vinyl it my self would look very messy haha

GhulamAfzal11

Feb 14, 2017
Wakefield
Haha fair enough mate, I'd definitely have a look on the forum as I remember seeing a few topics regarding the grille. But if you're getting it wrapped professionally they should include removing the grille etc in their price?

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
The chrome part is just clipped on, though removing it from the body of the grille is not the easiest and takes patience.

carlosfilippsen

Nov 12, 2016
I would purchase gloss black vinyl on eBay and give it a go. I did door pillars on a friends VW Caddy and it was surprisingly easy to work with the vinyl.

Shepo08

Nov 15, 2016
Surrey
Thanks guys, quick question ? Why wont this forum let me upload pictures it's says in the bottom left hand corner of the page .... you may not post attachments.... any one no why ?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.