getting mirrors to fold in when u lock the car

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
The car did it at first bit does not seem to.

Do I need to have it in a certain setting to do this? On the folding bit and not leave in L or R?

Car in a cupra 290 black edition.

Thanks nick

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
Sorter it. Was being lazy on the search

Hold the lock button down for a few secs and sorted

garybuttle

Oct 27, 2011
Yes set them to fold whenever you lock the car, then you can listen to the plastic gear teeth destroying themselves on a frosty morning when they are frozen solid

FR184

Mar 27, 2014
My Golf mirrors fold in on one press, maybe I should use vcds to not do this. :p

Lewis1304

Feb 4, 2017
Nuneaton
They will be fine I'm sure the companies make provisions for this. My 208 GTi did it as standard and so did my ST, so I'm sure it's fine ? Plus mums Audi A3 does it , pretty sure they will be similar parts.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I've had mine close when locking through the winter and it didn't struggle once. There was a day I was so sure it wouldn't work as the car was completely frozen including the doors. The mirrors just popped out without any trouble.

dale.knights

Dec 31, 2016
The car did it at first bit does not seem to.

Do I need to have it in a certain setting to do this? On the folding bit and not leave in L or R?

Car in a cupra 290 black edition.

Thanks nick

No mate just hold lock key down on keyfob when locking car mirrors will fold cheers Dale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Do your windows go down with one touch? I've read somewhere on this forum if the windows need resetting to enable one touch operation then this can stop the folding mirrors

fastnfat

Dec 4, 2010
Birmingham
Yes set them to fold whenever you lock the car, then you can listen to the plastic gear teeth destroying themselves on a frosty morning when they are frozen solid

Unlikely to be frozen when locking but on the other hand maybe when it's locked overnight.
I've never had a problem with mine but I have been careful to remove ice from the mirror plinths.
I also found that on my MY16 Titanium when I manually fold them, they unfold automatically when unlocking the doors! My MY13 I had before didn't do that.
BTW I now have the one touch folding activated.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Unlikely to be frozen when locking but on the other hand maybe when it's locked overnight.
I've never had a problem with mine but I have been careful to remove ice from the mirror plinths.
I also found that on my MY16 Titanium when I manually fold them, they unfold automatically when unlocking the doors! My MY13 I had before didn't do that.
BTW I now have the one touch folding activated.

If I manually fold by fob they open with car, but if I use the button on door before switching off engine then they don't and give time to blast some hot air onto window and remove any ice first. I do not have mine set to open/close automatically as it gets very cold/icy here in the winter so I can choose not to fold on the really cold nights, better safe than sorry.

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
obdeleven anyone who has this

the credits side of things whats that all about ?
are credits needed for the pro version as well ?

thanks in advanced

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
obdeleven anyone who has this

the credits side of things whats that all about ?
are credits needed for the pro version as well ?

thanks in advanced

Have been looking into this myself, you have to use the dongle you get from them, a generic dongle will not work, without the pro version you can log and view error codes etc but you will not be able to make any modifications.

The credits are there for ease of use, they do the most common and popular modifications at the push of a button, but you dont have to use them, you can code manually, there is loads and loads of examples of the coding needed on here and on the product forum.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members