Auto Parking

hpoolsteve

Mar 7, 2012
HARTLEPOOL
Is the auto parking a feature that can be switched on with VCDS/ ODBEleven.

What systems does that car have to have for this to work?

hpoolsteve

Mar 7, 2012
HARTLEPOOL
Can not find a definitive answer. Things i have read said as long as you have the optical parking sensors then it can be activated. Others saying it can't........ So confused lol

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Can not find a definitive answer. Things i have read said as long as you have the optical parking sensors then it can be activated. Others saying it can't........ So confused lol

I had a mk6 Golf which had front and rear parking sensors and 2 extra sensors 1 on each front wing which would measure the distance of a gap between cars.

hpoolsteve

Mar 7, 2012
HARTLEPOOL
I believe that what mine has. So my understanding is that it has all the hardware. Just not activated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hpoolsteve

Mar 7, 2012
HARTLEPOOL
Well double check tomorrow mate. When I go to work. I might be wrong. I might not have them.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Had it on a mk7 golf there was a switch you pushed to activate it, there were extra sensors on the outer edge of front bumper to measure distance to kerb

hpoolsteve

Mar 7, 2012
HARTLEPOOL
Here is the furthest one in the front corner.

9b1a606b3c77af40d6ddaddab8f52151.jpg

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Ok. Mine has 4 sensors at the front and 4 at the back.

That's just standard PDC - Parking sensors only. Auto parking was never available on any 2014 UK Leon. If it was as simple as coding it to work you can guarantee hundreds on here would have done it.

Not sure why you'd want it anyway!

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
To date, as far as I am aware, SEAT have never placed Auto Parking on their cars. The parking sensors, front and rear, and recently camera detection systems, which are a cost option, detect close objects and will warn you of any impending obstacles but the car will not park itself. Like a KIA.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I work for Kia and it's not foolproof, if one of the cars the you stop alongside is too near or on the kerb it confuses the sensors measurement, good then it works right though.

hpoolsteve

Mar 7, 2012
HARTLEPOOL
It was not a case of needing it. Was just curious to see if it was just an activation. If it had have been I would of had it for the sake of it.

hpoolsteve

Mar 7, 2012
HARTLEPOOL
Just like lane assist. I would have that just for the sake of it. But I don't have the camera in the windscreen

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
I have lane assist on my Cupra 290, weird, it pulls you back into lane when it detects white lines on the left and right from the forward facing camera, the steering wheel vibrates, such as on a motorway or A Roads, very weird, I suppose it is going towards driverless cars in the future! Don't use it much.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.