OBDeleven modifications

mick_n3

Jul 23, 2014
Kettering Northants
Im totally new to this so bear with me, i want to make some basic feature modification like needle sweep and mirror fold without hold etc. My car is on lease so will using OBD11 be a problem in anyway if i were to just make basic configuration?

Also i saw this on Amazon: amazon.co.uk/Supper-Bluetooth-Compatible-Android-Support/dp/B014WHK27W/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1489453220&sr=8-8&keywords=elm327

Is this the correct one?

Thanks.

You'll be able to read fault codes with that but that will be about it, you need either the OBDEleven interface or vcds to make changes
Have a look at the link below
OBDEleven link

Last edited:

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014

You'd willingly plug that into your car? I'm fairly sure that's how you give your car AIDS! :lol:

OBD11 isn't that expensive to begin with and 100's of users here have successfully used it without any drama.

In regards to leasing, my dealer didn't give a toss about me using OBD11. They even talked to me about the device and saying how it's great value for money when compared to a VCDS.

Discopanda

May 10, 2016
I think it must be possible with a bit of code; the facelift has a strip of LEDs at the back now so in theory...

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
I think it must be possible with a bit of code; the facelift has a strip of LEDs at the back now so in theory...

Depends on how the LEDs are wired though, if they're not designed to illuminate individually there's no code that will change that.

A better question is why you'd want Audi-style lights anyway, they look awful!

generationgav

Feb 7, 2013
Can anybody actually confirm if you need the Pro version - or if non-pro works if you can put up with getting credits? It doesn't end up being clear from what people are saying.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Can anybody actually confirm if you need the Pro version - or if non-pro works if you can put up with getting credits? It doesn't end up being clear from what people are saying.

Yes you need pro. Non pro is purely for diagnostics. Pro is for long coding and credits are for apps(pre coded)

generationgav

Feb 7, 2013
Yes you need pro. Non pro is purely for diagnostics. Pro is for long coding and credits are for apps(pre coded)

If everything I want is pre-coded (I'm not sure it is) then do I need pro. Some people seem to be getting along fine with credits, or if you have pro do you still need credits?

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
If everything I want is pre-coded (I'm not sure it is) then do I need pro. Some people seem to be getting along fine with credits, or if you have pro do you still need credits?

Yes you need pro to get access to applications. Pro allows you to code things yourself(plenty of help round here) credits allow you to click a pretty picture for example needle sweep [on] and it'll do it for you. So yes you need pro and will still need credits if you wish to use applications. You can earn them daily though so may not have to buy them depending on what it is you want to do

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.