2017 Leon!!!

italianjob

Oct 21, 2014
Middlesbrough
Middlesbrough to Skegness and back during the school holidays was reading 52 average, that's a decent mix of motorways and A and B roads. It's never gonna be as good as a diesel, but then I don't spend every day on the motorway so diesel is no good for me.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Just heard mine is due to arrive this time next month.

Great to see people finally taking delivery on these. Anyone gone for the 18" machined wheels?

Aknedude

Jan 24, 2017
Hi guys, finally picked my facelift up this afternoon. Proper chuffed with it. Feels like a completely different car, so quiet and a less harsh ride. Heres some crap phone pics but gonna give it a good clean tommoz so will be taking some better pics then.

What kind of Infotainment system do you have??? Is it Navi High/plus or just the "normal" Navi system.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Just seen that drive the deal are doing the 1.4 ecotsi fr technology for £16,100. Amazing price.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Just heard mine is due to arrive this time next month.

Great to see people finally taking delivery on these. Anyone gone for the 18" machined wheels?

What model you gone for and what colour? I've gonever with the 18 performance wheels, not the machined as they were double the price and I was trying to budget lol.

Munkie

Jan 16, 2017
Just seen that drive the deal are doing the 1.4 ecotsi fr technology for £16,100. Amazing price.
Good price if you want standard alloys and paint. Upgrading these takes it to £17,000 but this is still £400 less than I'm paying so good deal

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

italianjob

Oct 21, 2014
Middlesbrough
Good price if you want standard alloys and paint. Upgrading these takes it to £17,000 but this is still £400 less than I'm paying so good deal

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The standard med blue is awful!! Went to have a look at a new car at our local dealer and they had one outside, put me off getting base spec. Glad I went!

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
The standard med blue is awful!! Went to have a look at a new car at our local dealer and they had one outside, put me off getting base spec. Glad I went!

Just like anything you actually want you have to pay for. Not many people want the basic and that's why they charge for it because they know people will pay it. There's a price to pay for looking good but boy it's worth it lol.

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
What don't you like about it kane7? Just curious really.

Just really don't like the front fogs in the grill ruins the aesthetics in the shape of the car and changing the grills shape, like someone said be for it edges towards looking like a skoda

At best the facelift should of had slightly prouder arches and side skirts as standard.

You take your front reg off a 290 or 280 and it looks so much better, you see the shape of the front wing better. I haven't had mine on since the day I had it.

I'm not saying it's an ugly car, but they've tried to improve on a look that was spot on

At least it doesn't had wings like the civic type R though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I feel the same - the whole front end looks like it's been bodged together. In fact if you were to have the 2 models the other way round it would make more sense as it would look like they've tidied up the design. As Imo the original front end fits the car much better

Love-Cupra

Jul 29, 2016
Netherlands
F'lift

Just really don't like the front fogs in the grill ruins the aesthetics in the shape of the car and changing the grills shape, like someone said be for it edges towards looking like a skoda

At best the facelift should of had slightly prouder arches and side skirts as standard.

You take your front reg off a 290 or 280 and it looks so much better, you see the shape of the front wing better. I haven't had mine on since the day I had it.

I'm not sa ying it's an ugly car, but they've tried to improve on a look that was spot on

At least it doesn't had wings like the civic type R though

Would not go as far as to call ugly, but do agree that new front is not tip-top and I think
less balanced than before (290).
But also we need to get used to this new design. More or less same situation as the new
sub-8 rims.

But with these mid-life updates they can not make any structual changes, as the cost
will be too high and SEAT will try to avoid any new settings in their manufactering process.
Most likely (for above reasons) complete old and new fronts will be interchangable.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Yes I see what you mean. I personally like the new led fog lights, led us definitely the way forward however I do see that with the led unit being smaller the lower grills do look a little oversized. I do like the look of the front end but then again I only have the se dynamic which has a less sporty looking front end anyway.

Generally I do like the majority of the styling updates on the new model, such as the mood lighting and bigger screen inside and the indicators being integrated into the led running lights and rear lights.

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Call me old fashioned but I wouldn't ever buy a car that has a electric handbrake, or keyless ignition. If I was made to have one I'd install a manual, and kill switch to the car. It's a cup racer not a cruiser.

I like control over the car at all times, brake failure, I have a handbrake, car get stuck in gear or throttle leaver sticks I have a kill switch. You ever tried turning s engine off with push start

The one improvement I do like is the 8 inch screen, just so I can see my bost gauge and and coolant temperature.

I bought the cupra 290 purely because of the looks over the golf R and Audi S3

I'll show you a pic of a £1300 respected body kit for track and road performance

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Front grills still the 290 280 shape, ignore the orange, but that kinda width on the arches, and side down force vents out the front intakes. With a full AWD system they'd of flown off the shelves priced at £35k-£40k
548fd35ed27e951e47908d1636cceb7d.jpg

Aknedude

Jan 24, 2017
Front grills still the 290 280 shape, ignore the orange, but that kinda width on the arches, and side down force vents out the front intakes. With a full AWD system they'd of flown off the shelves priced at £35k-£40k
548fd35ed27e951e47908d1636cceb7d.jpg

Now thats ugly....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members