Cupra 300 General Discussion and Pics

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
Because the engines aren't ran in at manufacturing you don't believe this old myth on modern cars. Mk2 RS stage 4.5 in 3 months of factory order covered 85k miles in 5 years never had a issue. My cupra 290 stage 1 a month of owning no problems covered 10k in 10 months. My Revo dealer mk3 RS 50 miles on clock stage 3 he drove it straight to his garage. Don't be so naive on German built modern engines. If you've slowly baked the turbo up and warmed the engine, the things ready for a whopping.

Use an abuse a cup racing hatchback, it's not a rover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK thanks for that

JackReacher

Jun 20, 2013
I was at Geneva on Tuesday, had a good look over the blue Cupra ST they have at the show and to be honest was a bit disappointed. I think the front styling is a lot more fussy, and prefer the pre-facelift cupra look. I also think the alloys are too big and blingy. What's wrong with having some nice silver coloured 18 or 19's as an option, so that you don't have to have the bling. As you can tell, I prefer a more subtle look. The blue was a bit too bright, but that was under a lot of artificial lighting, so need to judge it outside. On a more positive note, I loved the alcantara bucket seats, and the additional alcantara trim on doors etc.

I also looked at the Octavia VRS facelift, which looks pretty terrible in photos, but actually better in the flesh and a bit more "classy" overall than the Cupra. I might look at one of these or a pre-facelift Cupra ST when we change our FR later this year.

The other VAG standout for me was the VW Arteon, hadn't heard of it before, but it's a lovely looking car, and rumoured to be coming with the 280bhp engine and 4WD.

Love-Cupra

Jul 29, 2016
Netherlands
Because the engines aren't ran in at manufacturing you don't believe this old myth on modern cars. Mk2 RS stage 4.5 in 3 months of factory order covered 85k miles in 5 years never had a issue. My cupra 290 stage 1 a month of owning no problems covered 10k in 10 months. My Revo dealer mk3 RS 50 miles on clock stage 3 he drove it straight to his garage. Don't be so naive on German built modern engines. If you've slowly baked the turbo up and warmed the engine, the things ready for a whopping.

Use an abuse a cup racing hatchback, it's not a rover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh - a Wild Rover, in this case ....?

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
That's a very valid point!

I think the vid is interesting but one significant thing would be the fuel level. The 290 has 2 bars and the 300 is almost full. Petrol isn't quite 1kg per litre but this could still be a 30-40 kg difference.. Might go some way to distort the numbers.

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
So happy I went for grey..

49E01F3A-89A9-45B8-97F5-CA4C8D0312A9_zps4hw5u6vt.jpg

6930D8A9-507D-405D-836F-E3D16D2B8486_zpsctjeel7b.jpg

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
Having had a Monsoon Grey Ibiza previously I'd say that's a good representation, specially in the UK.

It lightens up in the sun but not drastically.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
On the Mystery Blue for me it's the alloys that make it, so much better than the standard in my opinion (of course)

spongeym

Feb 9, 2017
So, had my delivery date confirmed to be the week of 8th May and I literally can't wait. Has anyone seen any new English reviews YouTube reviews of the 300? I've seen a lot of German and of course Spanish reviews, but nothing in English!

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Picked the car back up today after having its clean, polish and coating. Gallery and reader's ride thread coming soon. For now noticed the mats have a Cupra flag on. Not sure if these are new or came with pre-facelift.

7e57c7eed4788fd7e3536a244b41ebc1.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
do like these.

front end looks modern now and the interior looks better without the white stripe on the buckets and some sort of carbon fabric.

much better for non white cars as the white seat edging and door cards looks ok on a white car but I am not a huge fan of it. too fussy.

wheels look great. not as good as multi spokes but a LOT easier to clean ;-)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members