Distance / Wheel spacers for FR

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
So, during winter time I would like to choose propper distance spacers for my ST FR. As I have no experience with it, I would like to ask you few questions.

My basic questions are:
  1. Which thickness to front/rear do you recommend? I preffer not drastical change, but nice change. I'm thinking about 15-20mm front / 30mm rear. Your opinion??
  2. How they are fitted? Do I need longer bolts or is there other mounting mechanism?
  3. Can you recommend manufacturer and what anything do I need for propper mounting?

I am driving:
summer tires - stock 17" FR rims with 225/45R17
winter tires - 16" rims with 205/55R16

More questions will come later :rolleyes:
Thank you all friends!

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I have no idea, that's why I am asking here, I am newbie in spacers.. :p
And what are big spacers?

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
No, car is not lowered, stock suspension. No DCC.
Only 15mm? Really?
Already prooved?

What about securing bolts? Is there a way how to use secure bolts with such spacers?
I understand if you take 30mm spacer, you mount it with provided bolts to the wheel hub and rims mount with already using wheel bolts to the spacers, so can use securing bolt directly. What about smaller spacers, when you need longer bolts?

Last edited:

Renex

Nov 17, 2016
Moscow, Russia
There should be at least 4-5 working turns of threading on the bolt, so I think you'll be able to use stock bolts with 10-15mm spacers.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I don't think that for 10-15mm spacers are stock bolts ok.

Nobody here uses already wheel spacers???

Stever25

Feb 7, 2017
Hi just looking for a bit of advise. Im thinkng of 20mm spacers all round on my mk2 seat leon fr with the longer bolt option. However i have seen on youtube that someone had to remove the rear caps that cover the hub bolts to allow them to fit flush on the hub. The cap i thought was there to prevent dirt getting in just wondered if removing it was a good idea and if not anybody got other ways around this?

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
10mm front and 15mm rear, the spacers will come, or should I say should come depending on where you buy them, with the correct length bolts required.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Filipovic93

Oct 18, 2017
10mm front and 15mm rear, the spacers will come, or should I say should come depending on where you buy them, with the correct length bolts required.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Hi mate, do you have any recommendations for wheel spacers for a FR with the 18 oem wheels, at oem height?
Im thing about 15mm rear, and 10 on front, on each side? Or how do you recommend?

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Reactions: Woody_72

Rif

Jan 22, 2019
Hi Just joined the forum. I have a 2015 Leon FR with the OEM 18s.

I notice the recommendation always seems to be 10mm F and 15mm R but I have measured the lip on my hub to be F 12mm and R 15mm.

Just wondering if these recommended spacers are normal "hubcentric" with their own lip because I can't see how 10mm is possible on the font and even 15mm on the rear will be tight...

Craig Elliott

Dec 28, 2018
I have 30/35mm springs to lower MY19 cupra 290. I love the standard wheels so keeping them but I hear people saying they NEED spacers to look right after being lowered?

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I run 15mm front and 20mm rear and I’m lowered on eibach sportslines I don’t have any rubbing at all. For me it’s spot on and looks perfect. I’ll accept higher bearing wear for what they cost to replace.

522073ed0d749ed9c0d9693ec181c973.jpg

It just looks right to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Noting mines a mk2 obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crumpy

May 9, 2018
i have these on my Mk3 cupra 280 and they fit a dream.

i had 12mm all round before that Motech put on it but the rear wheels could do with a bit more and the fronts rubbed! thats on stock DCC suspension. so bought the sets above and am well happy with them. really good quality, you get the bolts and they don't rub.

i have the 19" performance wheels also.

Rif

Jan 22, 2019
I have 30/35mm springs to lower MY19 cupra 290. I love the standard wheels so keeping them but I hear people saying they NEED spacers to look right after being lowered?

I think the wheels look a little recessed especially at the rear. This will probably become more apparent with lowering so imo spacers will make it look a lot better.

Fitting spacers is the same as lowering the offset (ET) of the wheel and won't have any adverse effects. Within reason of course, we're talking about 10-20mm here