2017 Leon!!!

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Just head that 1,4 150 BHP. Engines Are in backorder. = looooong waiting time. 15-18 week.

I'm not surprised that there is a wait that long for the 1.4 engine for SEAT. I ordered a VW Golf GT Edition with the same 1.4 ACT engine with DSG in December and that's now 14 weeks ago today. My car is is now in the UK and on the way to the dealer and so I should get it within the next few days.

It will be bit of a change as my last 3 cars have been SEAT Leon's but I'm now quite looking forward to the change. One of the main reasons for the change has been price. VW had an offer of £3,000 off the price of a new Golf prior to the facelift and with a further reduction through Carwow a new VW Golf worked out less than a new Leon. Also it came with 18 inch wheels, sunroof, Adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, independent rear suspension etc all included in the price. Although I think I will miss the LED lights which were not available. Hopefully another gain will come in 3 to 4 years time when I come to sell it as I hope it will hold its value far better than a SEAT. The depreciation on my current 1.8 Tsi Leon FR has been dreadful.

Munkie

Jan 16, 2017
Do all the facelifts have the pedestrian sensor on the front? Haven't seen a photo without one? If it's not fitted is it just a blanked off plate?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Do all the facelifts have the pedestrian sensor on the front? Haven't seen a photo without one? If it's not fitted is it just a blanked off plate?

Yes I believe they do, which helps out a bit as it's actually 2 insurance groups lower than the pre face-lift version. Means I can get my friend insured cheaper than my 1.2 SE dynamic which is a bonus.

Munkie

Jan 16, 2017
Yes I believe they do, which helps out a bit as it's actually 2 insurance groups lower than the pre face-lift version. Means I can get my friend insured cheaper than my 1.2 SE dynamic which is a bonus.
I thought I'd check the seat site and it says it's for non ecomotive engines only. All of them have a square box on the lower front bumper regardless of engine but then the configerator online with a 1.4eco says it comes with Start-stop system with regenerative braking with I imagine is controlled by the front sensor.

mcmul

Mar 13, 2017
The 1.4 and DSG is a lovely combination. The engine is very quiet and smooth and performance is excellent relative to the fuel economy. On long runs I've averaged ~50MPG so can't complain.
Ignore the negative comments on the suspension, it's absolutely fine. It's probably only noticeable if you drive flat out everywhere and on twisty country roads. I couldn't tell the difference between my 1.4/1.8

Thanks to both you and R4CK5. I put in my order today.

Got the 1.4 TSI 150BHP in Midnight Black with the Xcellence trim. Plus the winter and drive assistance 2 packs. Pick it up on Friday. Can't wait!

scuj1

Mar 3, 2015
Edinburgh, Scotland
Christ that's a quick turnaround!!!! I ordered mine end of Feb and don't get it until 1st week in April at the earliest and that was the shortest waiting time they had for mine. You got any options on that? What colour also?

Ordered just before New Year, didn't need to sign the finance until the car had arrived!

Last edited:

8cylinder

Oct 21, 2016
Took delivery of mine on Friday and have to say it is a step up from the 2016 model, better interior creature comforts with sharper exterior design.
Different car to the cupra it replaced,wanted a cupra 300 but couldn't get hold of one when I needed to change so took one of first allocated st,s to come in,was either monsoon grey or mystery blue,happy with the grey as I'm unsure on the blue.
The fr is only a 2.0 tdi 150 but it gets along the road not too bad to be fair,at least I will save on fuel for the next 6 months until I'm due to change again.

Last edited:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I'm almost at the point now where I'd like to find the designer of that grill and punch them in the back of the head.

8cylinder

Oct 21, 2016
I'm almost at the point now where I'd like to find the designer of that grill and punch them in the back of the head.
Admittedly it's a bit more striking but it's not too bad,makes the car look wider.
My old cupra and new fr

Last edited:

mcmul

Mar 13, 2017
What's with all the grill hate? I prefer it to the previous model, that said I only saw the Xcellence trim at the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I like the grill, it's just a little wider than previous models to give the car a slightly wider stance. I must admit I'm not a fan at all of the xcellence grill though but that's because I personally hate fake chrome and that has a lot of it.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
What's with all the grill hate? I prefer it to the previous model, that said I only saw the Xcellence trim at the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the 2 seperate types of mesh they use on the FR it's like they couldn't decide which one to go for - they seem to wanted to use the chunky mesh from the ateca (not a bad thing) but made this decision after the rest of it had been signed off or something, making it look out of place.

The cupra 300 has the same mesh in both grills and looks alot neater for it. The xcellence doesn't look as bad as the FR but I'm still not sold

mcmul

Mar 13, 2017
It's the 2 seperate types of mesh they use on the FR it's like they couldn't decide which one to go for - they seem to wanted to use the chunky mesh from the ateca (not a bad thing) but made this decision after the rest of it had been signed off or something, making it look out of place.

Oh I see what you mean. I didn't even notice but you're right.

I was expecting to buy another Golf this time round but instantly liked the Leon when I saw it in person. Could just be my mind reminding me that it's all under the VW group, but it's like a cross between the defined, boxiness of the Golf, and the rounded, smoother A3. Features + Pricing utterly pissed all over them both, too.

Rockintone

Mar 18, 2017
Standard FR Alloys

Hi all,

First post on this forum.

I have ordered (leased) a 1.4 FR (150BHP) Leon in mystery blue. What's everyone's thoughts on the standard FR alloys? Having seen some photos of them on a FR in Mystery Blue I am not sure that I like them? In saying that the 18" 30/1 option is not that much better for the extra money.

If anyone has got the standard FR alloys can you give me your thoughts as I am probably to late to upgrade anyway.

Cheers

8cylinder

Oct 21, 2016
In all honesty,there not the greatest,5 spokes with bizarre squares at the bottom of the spokes?

Nearly forgot,welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Not a fan of the 17s, very glad I opted for the 18s but couldn't justify the uplift of going for the machined wheels either. I do like the performance ones though just might get mine powder coated at some point.

Welcome BTW. Mystery blue does look nice, saw one in the flesh yesterday.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.