Sc, st or hatch

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Saw a top-spec Leon X-PERIENCE today with some great looking wheels and in silver, maybe same as this:

generictwocolumn_f5a.resizeViewPort.noScale.jpg

So, (kind of) getting my words back. Looks great and even sporty. But on the other hand I've seen some low-mid spec ST-s without Full-LED lights and with small wheels and it screams: bland and boring!

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
Ha ha! No use trying to back-peddle now youngster! All us old men driving around in ST Cupras trying to keep young, we're still offended

Last edited:

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
X-PERIENCE? Yes, because it's AWD and is higher, so its purpose is to be both an everyday car and a mild off-road machine for your (mountain) trips.

Regular ST? Yes, it's just a bland generic estate to carry your children, luggage etc. One of many.

A front-wheel drive lowered 300HP estate? No! What, you need to carry luggage with 300HP? Come on :) You need an estate for a rally car?! With FWD?! Come on! :) You think you'd be able to drive it off-road?! Come on! :) I find the combination of low height, front-wheel drive and ridiculously high power in an estate very illogical. But that's just me. Please take no offense :)

AWD Cupra ST - makes a little bit more sense.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
X-PERIENCE? Yes, because it's AWD and is higher, so its purpose is to be both an everyday car and a mild off-road machine for your (mountain) trips.

Regular ST? Yes, it's just a bland generic estate to carry your children, luggage etc. One of many.

A front-wheel drive lowered 300HP estate? No! What, you need to carry luggage with 300HP? Come on :) You need an estate for a rally car?! With FWD?! Come on! :) You think you'd be able to drive it off-road?! Come on! :) I find the combination of low height, front-wheel drive and ridiculously high power in an estate very illogical. But that's just me. Please take no offense :)

AWD Cupra ST - makes a little bit more sense.

Cars don't have to make sense. All they have to do is win your heart. And the Cupra does, in all guises, FWD or AWD.

Last edited:

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Absolutely! It was jut my heart's opinion but that doesn't make it a universal truth. Other people's hearts might say its the Cupra ST that is their dream machine and that makes a perfect sense!

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
Cars don't have to make sense. All they have to do is win your heart. And the Cupra does, in all guises, FWD or AWD.

Exactly! I've just done a tip run about 10 mins ago, filled to the gunnels with the seats down. Versatile it most definitely is, not to mention properly quick to boot....if you'll pardon the pun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Well that's the car sorted. Now, about the wedding arrangements...:think:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:cry::cry::no:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise