Service.

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
What do we all reckon is a fair price for a major service. I've booked in for my mk3s fourth service at my local dealer just for ease but I'm wondering what the lowest price you guys may have got it done for is.

Supercopa Dan

May 19, 2014
www.facebook.com
If you go on the seat website you can book services online which gives you the book price so you can compare to what you have been quoted. It's ask for the reg and mileage so knows it's a major service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
My girlfriend is asking about the validity of a "major" service can I opt for a minor service?

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
From memory I think its about £180 for a minor service and £290 for a major, it's about £100 - £110 different iirc.

Check ut the SEAT website, it shows you what they do on a minor and major service, there's a few differences but most of it is just health checks

Dallan

Nov 15, 2016
Ireland
Do a minor and just change air and fuel filter yourself ? Will have a lot of change from £100 for the difference

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
Do a minor and just change air and fuel filter yourself ? Will have a lot of change from £100 for the difference

Not a bad idea,

The extras on a major service are;
Fuel Filter (diesel only)
Air filter
Spark plugs (petrol only)
Checks on Suspension, brakes, heating & air con

Minor is £169 and major is £279

As I do 20k a year I do one service a year, the major and I'll change the oil myself one a year also, means car keeps full service history with an oil change every 6 months / 10k

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands

Dont do this if the car is in warranty! Compared to other manufacturers Seats servicing is good value.

The issue is if you have an issue just out of warranty Seat dont normaly help people out when the car doesnt have a dealer service history.

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
Dont do this if the car is in warranty! Compared to other manufacturers Seats servicing is good value.

The issue is if you have an issue just out of warranty Seat dont normaly help people out when the car doesnt have a dealer service history.

It would still have dealer history, just always a minor instead of a major?

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
The first 3 services for any new seat are a 1st year service then a 2nd year service and then a minor service. No major service needs to take place whilst the car is under a 3 year warranty.

I like the sound of the minor service and do a few bits yourself.
Airfilter is a tenner and easy. Anyone know of good spark plugs for the 1.4 act/ecotsi?

Last edited:

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017

It would still have dealer history, just always a minor instead of a major?

Which will void your warranty.

I was referring to where you mention that SEAT might be less willing to help if you didn't have full service history / less history or even any service history with them
Dealers are always more forgiving if you're a loyal customer, but that;s the way of the world.

My comment was meaning if you always had a minor service, even if out of warranty if something went wrong you'd of always had a SEAT service so they're more likely to help?

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
The first 3 services for any new seat are a 1st year service then a 2nd year service and then a minor service. No major service needs to take place whilst the car is under a 3 year warranty.

I like the sound of the minor service and do a few bits yourself.
Airfilter is a tenner and easy. Anyone know of good spark plugs for the 1.4 act/ecotsi?

What makes even more sense is going for long life service, which is effectively a major service i think.

£279 every 20k or 2 years instead of £169 year 1 / 10k and then £279 year 2 / 20k, you'd always save the £169 then?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.