what did you and your mk3 leon do today

russwuss

Mar 5, 2017
Here's the link to the seller I used...
Look at this on eBa

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I have the same seller in my watch list for the sportline springs.. can't believe the price difference compared to places here. £230 I think from a shop I've used in the past..

Item # 162267695123

Can't post links

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
Also, which DSG drivers put their car into neutral when stopped?
I don't as a rule, since the engine stop/start does not operate in neutral. I tend to put mine in park if its going to be a long wait. Short waits at traffic lights etc, I keep my foot on the brake which activates the stop/start.

I cannot comment on MPG as you don't say which model you have.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I don't as a rule, since the engine stop/start does not operate in neutral. I tend to put mine in park if its going to be a long wait. Short waits at traffic lights etc, I keep my foot on the brake which activates the stop/start.

I cannot comment on MPG as you don't say which model you have.

16mpg is definitely a cupra haha

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
I didn't buy it for economy but 16 is pretty bad. It should improve with some miles on it and as I adjust to an auto box.

I disable the start stop, it gets very very annoying in stop start traffic, once or twice it has conked out just as I want to turn right and I found it a little dangerous.

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
Made the car summernice=)
Washed it probertly and got the summertires on.
RK899yy.jpg

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
My Fan washers arrived from China today, only cost me like £8 or something and they arrived in less than 2 weeks. Fitted them and adjusted them nicely.

I know my car has less than 400 miles on it, but I picked my wife up from the gym and came home and achieved 16 MPG. took me an hour to do the 6 mile round trip. I didn't buy the car for fuel economy but someone please assure me that once it has a few thousand on it, the economy will be a little better than that in heavy traffic.

Also, which DSG drivers put their car into neutral when stopped?

That mpg will definitely improve mate - mine hovers around 25-30 in stop start traffic, which thankfully I rarely have to put up with where I live and drive. I noticed a big difference in average consumption after about 10k miles too and got 36 on a 300 mile trip recently (spent most of the time at 80+ mph )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Getting a car with a lot more power than my previous during winter has meant I'm likely to be changing my tyres much sooner than 18000 haha

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
I have to be honest I haven't found any trouble what so ever with my start stop. The engine starts again at a certain point coming off the break. I can't really visualise the situation in which it could be dangerous. It can be somewhat redundant in stop start though like you say.

GarryW1305

'16 Leon ST 2.0 TDi 184FR
Feb 20, 2015
Woking, Surrey
Morning all. Picked up my 2016 Leon ST FR in Nevada White a couple of weeks ago now. Love the car so much and the step up from the 2.0 TDi 140 I had before is definitely noticeable!

I did notice this morning on my way to work though that I've managed to catch the leather steering wheel with one of my nails :( Need to remember to keep those talons trimmed!

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Its time to change winter to summer. Gave my FR wheels to a friend and he is putting on ceramic coating.
And so far fixed strange headunit reset when turm on the car.

VAG Familia

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
That mpg will definitely improve mate - mine hovers around 25-30 in stop start traffic, which thankfully I rarely have to put up with where I live and drive. I noticed a big difference in average consumption after about 10k miles too and got 36 on a 300 mile trip recently (spent most of the time at 80+ mph )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Here's a screenshot of my mpg after driving to work.....Was going easy mind...
d8302e6c23583b1f3bf9c335543165c4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members