Screwfix Wiperblades

fatboy_coach

Mar 4, 2017
I know, buy cheap, buy twice! :p

I thought I'd see if anyone has tried Screwfix own brand wipers? 6 quid each :happy: I can't post a link as I've not posted enough yet.

generationgav

Feb 7, 2013
Let me know how the rear one is if you buy one.

Never bought anything like wiper blades from Screwfix, but I find that generally the quality of their own brand stuff is really good.

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
i've always used bosch aero's but recently trying some michelin ones i picked up from costco about £12 for both was cheap enough imo and they're doing good!!

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I've tried Bosch and Valeo and both are equally **** so for £6 you can't go wrong :cartman:

I always use Valeo silencio and have to say they are the best wipers around.

I know, buy cheap, buy twice! :p

I thought I'd see if anyone has tried Screwfix own brand wipers? 6 quid each :happy: I can't post a link as I've not posted enough yet.

As above, I wouldn't swap from Valeo Silencio

GhulamAfzal11

Feb 14, 2017
Wakefield
Use Valeo Silencio mate, honestly I'm totally against using cheap parts on your car because they need replacing so regularly it ends up costing you more in the long run. Get a good quality part and it'll last you!

I have Valeo Silencio on mine but its entirely upto you.

fatboy_coach

Mar 4, 2017
Well I've gone and done it, if only to report what they're like. If they're cack then it's not the end of the world, if they're ok then winner!

They're branded as streetwize and come with about a dozen adapters so they'll fit quite a few models.

Fitment wise they're opposite to the OEM, in that where you press the tangs in and then rotate the fitment towards the end of the arm, with these you fit at the tang end first (not really tangs but interference fit) and then rotate the fitting towards the end of the arm where 2 tangs click over the tongue of the arm. It's not amazing but it's secure :whistle:

They clean better than what I took off, so that's a good start. I'll report back once I've used them in anger on the motorway.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.