2017 Leon!!!

Flaw3d Genius

Jan 8, 2015
Glasgow
Wasnt keen on the front of the new facelift but having blacked out the chrome on the grille (First thing i done on my car two years ago) it actually looks pretty good. Excuse my dodgy ms paint effort but you get the idea

IMG_0852.jpg

Last edited:

scuj1

Mar 3, 2015
Edinburgh, Scotland
How are u getting on with the car?

Good mate! The A92 was shut at slip off the M90, so took over an hour to get up from Edinburgh!

Apart from coming home, I nipped out for a run to Kirknewton and back. I love it! Coming from the SE is such a difference. Everything feels a bit tight just now, so hopefully loosen off after a few thousand miles.

Android Auto is fantastic and I've had a muck around with all the options/lights etc. Any advice on the dipping the left mirror in reverse? Ticked in the settings but can't seem to get it to learn when selecting reverse? Also is reversing sensor purely just a tone? No guide on the screen?

Thanks in advance!

8cylinder

Oct 21, 2016
Good mate! The A92 was shut at slip off the M90, so took over an hour to get up from Edinburgh!

Apart from coming home, I nipped out for a run to Kirknewton and back. I love it! Coming from the SE is such a difference. Everything feels a bit tight just now, so hopefully loosen off after a few thousand miles.

Android Auto is fantastic and I've had a muck around with all the options/lights etc. Any advice on the dipping the left mirror in reverse? Ticked in the settings but can't seem to get it to learn when selecting reverse? Also is reversing sensor purely just a tone? No guide on the screen?

Thanks in advance!

I will compare with my car over the next few days and get back to you when I have a definitive answer.

glenh

Feb 10, 2017
Any advice on the dipping the left mirror in reverse?

In previous VAG cars I've had (not got my '17 Leon yet), you need to keep the mirror adjuster in the 'L' position for it to dip when in reverse.

Last edited:

glenh

Feb 10, 2017
Oh right. I thought if you just adjust it while it is dipped, it remembers that position?

jambo

Jan 4, 2017
Great Britain
Anyone still getting mucked about for the delivery of their new 2017 Leon? I ordered 11th January - Leon ST 184 DSG Tech with ACC (standard alloys). Delivery is now mid to late May! It was meant to be March. Thoughts...?

Last edited:

pdid

Jan 15, 2017
Finally got some time and a decent day to give her a clean and take a couple of pics.

Rockintone

Mar 18, 2017
Looks good mate.

I have a mystery blue FR on order with standard alloys. I was a bit unsure at first of the standard alloys however seeing your photos I think they look smart enough - phew

Rockintone

Mar 18, 2017
Anyone still getting mucked about for the delivery of their new 2017 Leon? I ordered 11th January - Leon ST 184 DSG Tech with ACC (standard alloys). Delivery is now mid to late May! It was meant to be March. Thoughts...?

I ordered 2 weeks ago (Leon 5dr FR 1.4 manual with std alloys) and was told 10-14 weeks, looks like that wwas way off :(.

Love-Cupra

Jul 29, 2016
Netherlands
Wasnt keen on the front of the new facelift but having blacked out the chrome on the grille (First thing i done on my car two years ago) it actually looks pretty good. Excuse my dodgy ms paint effort but you get the idea

IMG_0852.jpg

Nice, looking good.
But now seems to be crying for black mirror caps ?

pdid

Jan 15, 2017
Looks good mate.

I have a mystery blue FR on order with standard alloys. I was a bit unsure at first of the standard alloys however seeing your photos I think they look smart enough - phew

Thanks, I think they look Ok and supposedly keep the ride a little more supple than the 18's.

On another note I'm astonished by this 1.4 ecotsi, paired with DSG it's very quick and effortless. On more than a few occasions I've looked down at my speed and realized I'm heading toward licence loosing territory :whistle:

SparkyAMG

Feb 22, 2017

I ordered mine back in mid-December and am only just collecting it this Sunday after having the date pushed back further and further.

Am told that demand has been higher than usual in the UK due to road tax changes and there were delays with the 1.4 150... not sure about other engines though.

To be fair when I went to the dealer yesterday there were tonnes and tonnes of new vehicles sitting there with the plastic on... Four lorry loads had turned up.

Benjyshwa

Jan 14, 2017

Ordered my 184 manual SC in mystery blue with 18's around 14th Jan and collected it yesterday. Sorry you're being messed about :(

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Picked up my FR this afternoon! I love it! Coming from a mk1 TT V6 to this is strange, it's obviously a lot slower but so much nicer to drive! Loving all the technology! Only had a tape player in the TT! Lol

Lance Uppercut

Jul 3, 2014
Ordered my 5 door 1.4Tsi Mystery Blue second week in Jan, build week was 10 when ordered, had been hovering around 15/16 over the last few weeks. Just been told it's now 21 and that's unconfirmed. Not very happy.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members