2017 Leon!!!

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Ordered my 5 door 1.4Tsi Mystery Blue second week in Jan, build week was 10 when ordered, had been hovering around 15/16 over the last few weeks. Just been told it's now 21 and that's unconfirmed. Not very happy.

When I ordered a VW Golf GT Edition at the beginning of December, with the same 1.4 Tsi engine as the Leon FR, I was told that it would be 10-12 weeks until I would get my car. I thought that I might just get it in time for the new registration on 1st March.
It has only just arrived the at the dealers yesterday and I will be collecting next Thursday, which will be 16 weeks after ordering. If it's taking 16 weeks to get a 1.4 Tsi in a VW Golf then I'm not surprised that the VW Group are expecting people waiting for SEATs to wait even longer.

Last edited:

Rockintone

Mar 18, 2017
Ordered my 5 door 1.4Tsi Mystery Blue second week in Jan, build week was 10 when ordered, had been hovering around 15/16 over the last few weeks. Just been told it's now 21 and that's unconfirmed. Not very happy.
I ordered a mystery blue 1.4 TSi Eco FR on 6 March and was told 10 weeks then 12-14 weeks. So looks like I will have longer to wait from what you have been told, not good. If I had known the timescales at the time I may well have ordered a different car (its leased)

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
When I ordered a VW Golf GT Edition at the beginning of December, with the same 1.4 Tsi engine as the Leon FR, I was told that it would be 10-12 weeks until I would get my car. I thought that I might just get it in time for the new registration on 1st March.
It has only just arrived the at the ealers yesterday and I will be collecting next Thursday, which will be 16 weeks after ordering. If it's taking 16 weeks to get a 1.4 Tsi in a VW Golf then I'm not surprised that the VW Group are expecting people waiting for SEATs to wait even longer.

Would be interesting to know if a 1.8 leon would've been delivered quicker

Last edited:

Lance Uppercut

Jul 3, 2014
I ordered a mystery blue 1.4 TSi Eco FR on 6 March and was told 10 weeks then 12-14 weeks. So looks like I will have longer to wait from what you have been told, not good. If I had known the timescales at the time I may well have ordered a different car (its leased)

Me too, went for the car because of the low emissions (works car allowance requires under 130g co2) and it was fairly cheapl, i was told i would have it mid March.. If i knew it would be June, i probably would've gone for something else. Currently got a Mk7 Golf R but the emissions are too high for the works scheme unfortunately.

Last edited:

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Would be interesting to know if a 1.8 leon would've been delivered quicker ��

That's an interesting thought because a 1.8 Leon is the car that I originallly wanted to order to replace my current car which is a 1.8 Leon FR now almost 4 years old. Unfortunately, as already mentioned earlier SEAT didn't really get their act together with the introduction of the 2017 facelift and the 1.8 was not at first available to order in the U.K.

VW were at the time, and I believe still are, doing a great deal with £3,000 off new Golfs prior to their own facelift models coming out. I therefore decided to have a change and order a VW Golf GT Edition DSG with the same 1.4 Tsi engine as in the Leon. It comes with lots of extras included in the price and hopefully will hold its value considerably better than my current 1.8 Leon did. Some people here may feel that it's a backward step from the Leon FR but when I had a test drive I loved it. It just felt on the inside so much more a quality car than my current Leon even if it doesn't look so exciting from the outside.

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
Currently have mine with a proposed delivery date of 15th May, ordered 24th Jan.

However already been given the reg number which states 31st March registration date so assuming its on its way here for mid April delivery.

Its a 1.4tsi Manual Xcellence.

Last edited:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Haha! That's to beat the road tax increase right? Dealer's fiddling the numbers right to the end lol

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
Haha! That's to beat the road tax increase right? Dealer's fiddling the numbers right to the end lol

Yes it is the minute they got the chasis number boom registered, works in my favour so can't complain haha

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
Does that mean the warranty will role from the 31st March though?

Always thought warranty was from day of manufacture not registration date or delivery date.

The only reason I thought is because on the documents for my current leon it has a build date which always tied in with the service schedule and warranty expiry date.

Last edited:

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Old and the new!

Cleaned up the TT ready to sell it! It's been an absolute joy to own and has never let me down, I just do too many miles for work now so needed something sensible!

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
How has everyone got their dealer to register their car early? I would like to get past the extra 120 tax.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
I would have thought the 1.5 tsi will be the mk4?

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
How has everyone got their dealer to register their car early? I would like to get past the extra 120 tax.

Yes, I thinking exactly the same thing.
My new car was due for delivery earlier this month but there was a bit of a delay. Probably part of this general delay with 1.4 Tsi engines. I rang the dealer last week to ask what the situation was regarding the new tax levels. They said that as long as they get my car and register it before 31st March I will be ok. They said that they would do their best to get it delivered to them by that date. No problems as it arrived at the dealers on Friday and I collect it on Thursday 30th. So it sounds as though if it had arrived with them after 31st March it would have been too late.

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
Yes, I thinking exactly the same thing.
My new car was due for delivery earlier this month but there was a bit of a delay. Probably part of this general delay with 1.4 Tsi engines. I rang the dealer last week to ask what the situation was regarding the new tax levels. They said that as long as they get my car and register it before 31st March I will be ok. They said that they would do their best to get it delivered to them by that date. No problems as it arrived at the dealers on Friday and I collect it on Thursday 30th. So it sounds as though if it had arrived with them after 31st March it would have been too late.
My issue is that some people have had their cars registered when they aren't even at the dealers, I've also seen cars registered early to meet sales targets, I am just curious how I go about asking my dealer to do this for me

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
My issue is that some people have had their cars registered when they aren't even at the dealers, I've also seen cars registered early to meet sales targets, I am just curious how I go about asking my dealer to do this for me

I'd just ask them if they can pre register it to avoid the road tax changes and see why they say. You don't ask you don't get afterall.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members