Speed limits in dash display

Kinggy

Nov 27, 2016
Hi all,

I've seen a few videos on YouTube and sure if seen a few things in here ( can't find them now ) showing the roads speed limit in your dash display same as it does on the sat nav....

I have OBDeleven and altered a few things like needle sweep and one click folding mirrors however just wondering if there is a way to activate the dash to show the speed limit of the road your travelling on?

63 plate 150fr

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Hi all,

I've seen a few videos on YouTube and sure if seen a few things in here ( can't find them now ) showing the roads speed limit in your dash display same as it does on the sat nav....

I have OBDeleven and altered a few things like needle sweep and one click folding mirrors however just wondering if there is a way to activate the dash to show the speed limit of the road your travelling on?

63 plate 150fr

Thanks

There is mate ,it's traffic sign recognition. Your car needs the forward facing camera ...The one for lane assist.
It's not bad but will come up as restricted on UK cars. It will bong once when car starts and disappear after that but works fine after that. It can be done with a one touch app on obdeleven or long coding on the same.
I've mine done.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Kinggy

Nov 27, 2016
I don't have lane assist so I won't be able to activate this??

Kinggy

Nov 27, 2016
There is mate ,it's traffic sign recognition. Your car needs the forward facing camera ...The one for lane assist.
It's not bad but will come up as restricted on UK cars. It will bong once when car starts and disappear after that but works fine after that. It can be done with a one touch app on obdeleven or long coding on the same.
I've mine done.

I don't have the lane assist so does that mean I can't use this?

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Don't think so mate. Does the car have the camera ? Above the rain sensor ??

Kinggy

Nov 27, 2016
Ermmmm does it literally look like a camera ???

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Ermmmm does it literally look like a camera ???

030c5f14cb39ad155753ff1dcde8feb7.jpg

That's it at the top...

Kinggy

Nov 27, 2016
Nah i defo don't have the camera.... just the sensor

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Don't think you can then.....Lane assist uses that camera as well.
Unless anyone else can tell us otherwise??

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
If you have lane assist, which users the camera above the wiper sensors, then you will have traffic recoconition. Otherwise not.

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
The camera is not disabled, it's used for lane assist & high beam assist. It's extra spec, it's not fitted as standard. But The traffic sign recognition is disabled for some reason...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mcmul

Mar 13, 2017
I picked up my new Leon last week. This feature is immensely useful. Rather surprised it works so well. I think it uses a combination of mapping technology from the navigsation system and the front-facing camera. It picks up the 50mph signs plaguing the M6 these days without issue.