2017 Leon!!!

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
I'd just ask them if they can pre register it to avoid the road tax changes and see why they say. You don't ask you don't get afterall.
Very true I'll give it a go tomorrow, Just annoying that some do some don't haha, on a side note, anyone got any pictures of the led headlights output? Something I'm looking forward to seeing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
Good mate! The A92 was shut at slip off the M90, so took over an hour to get up from Edinburgh!

Apart from coming home, I nipped out for a run to Kirknewton and back. I love it!...
Also is reversing sensor purely just a tone? No guide on the screen?

Thanks in advance!

Hey I'm in Midlothian and have a full VCDS cable. If the ParkPilot isn't showing in your radio screen it should just be a quick VCDS tweak to enable it. Give me a PM if you live not too far away. I'm happy to meet up and see what things you want enabled on your car.

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
Just spoken to my dealer and they said it's not something they do.

andy295

Leon FR EcoTSI 150
Feb 16, 2017
Ordered my 5 door 1.4Tsi Mystery Blue second week in Jan, build week was 10 when ordered, had been hovering around 15/16 over the last few weeks. Just been told it's now 21 and that's unconfirmed. Not very happy.

I ordered my 5-dr ACT 1.4 tsi FR in Monsoon Grey at the end of January (beginning of week 5). It arrived at the docks last week and the dealer is trying to get it for the end of this week, or sometime next week (week 14). Perhaps it's a colour issue?

andy295

Leon FR EcoTSI 150
Feb 16, 2017
Wasnt keen on the front of the new facelift but having blacked out the chrome on the grille (First thing i done on my car two years ago) it actually looks pretty good. Excuse my dodgy ms paint effort but you get the idea

IMG_0852.jpg

I'm soooo jealous of the colour. I originally ordered mine that colour, but then they came back to me and said it was the only colour not included in the leasing deal — and it would be an extra £30 a month!

So I went with Monsoon Grey, which is okay, but I really wanted that red!

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
As long as they have the chasis number they can register it with DVLA regardless of where in the supply chain it is.

However it will be registerd to the dealer instead of yourself first.

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
They said because it's not in the country they can't :( I think the just can't be bothered to :( extra 120 a year tax for me it is :(

Sudanim

Mar 27, 2017
Just spoken to my dealer and they said it's not something they do.

I picked up my new Leon today. Ordered end of Jan and was originally told to expect delivery in late April/early May. When it looked like it was going to be late March/early April I asked the dealer about registering in March to beat the tax changes.

He said that they'd do that if needed, but in the end it arrived late last week and wasn't needed. When we were doing paperwork today the topic came up again. He said that they're allowed to register it once it arrives in the UK, but not before. So the minute you're vehicle is driven off the car transporter, then that's the date apparently. There was no reason to tell me rubbish at that stage so I'd reckon on it being correct.

Dealerships usually have monthly sales targets to reach, so I'd bet that if your car is in the UK and they still won't register it, then that may be down to them having hit the March sales targets and wanting to put yours down as an April registration/sale as April is likely to be a lot quieter in terms of sales.

Still have a few days. Maybe go to the sales manager/franchise owner and see whether you can get some movement on that. Maybe you have a family member who might be looking for a new car soon and you're looking for a reason to point them to that dealer?

ranxzy

Mar 28, 2017
New Leon owners, What Car (I know, but don't shoot the messenger) say the new Leon has an unsettled ride in their review conclusion. How are you guys finding the ride on typical crap British road surfaces/humps.

Interested in the FR Tech with standard 17" alloys in Mystery Blue.

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
Unfortunately I don't think there is any chance my car will be in the UK before the end of March :(

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
Hello guys i need your help. I am a future buyer of a Leon FR 1.4 mystery blue with the options:

Wheels PUM Performance 18"
Sport Banks in black alcantara - Interior
Front and rear parking sensors + Optics
Electric opening ceiling
SEAT Full LED
Navigation System-Cartography

what you think about the configuration is good? My Ibiza has a subwoofer sound with 4 speakers.

What about the system sound in Leon Fr is good 8 speaker?

Recommend to choose the pack sound system? And the Wireless charger for cellphone? Is worth it?

Last edited:

misiakupatego

Mar 5, 2017
FNeves the best option from additional options is DCC :)

New Leon owners, What Car (I know, but don't shoot the messenger) say the new Leon has an unsettled ride in their review conclusion. How are you guys finding the ride on typical crap British road surfaces/humps.

Interested in the FR Tech with standard 17" alloys in Mystery Blue.

IMO the best option is rent a car and test drive 2-3 days

or ask your dealer for a rent a car for some hours..

Last edited:

Rockintone

Mar 18, 2017
Anyone got a FR in mystery blue with standard alloys they could post some pics of? Mines is on order.

ranxzy

Mar 28, 2017
Hello guys i need your help. I am a future buyer of a Leon FR 1.4 mystery blue with the options:

FNeves audio (especially the subwoofer) is personally very important to me and would come before some of the options you have chosen, though you may prefer your options a lot more. It looks like a great spec though.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members