Missing air duct cover

22john

Mar 28, 2017
Hi, I've done a bit of searching around and I believe I'm missing the cover for the intake air duct on my Leon FR (1.4TSI, 2012). It would be really helpful if anyone here would be able to provide me the part or point me in the right direction.

I'm unable to post pictures otherwise I'd post one of what I'm looking for, as I'm not 100% sure I've got the name of it correct haha, so if anyone could post a pic of what the part looks like it would help out a lot.

Cheers.

GhulamAfzal11

Feb 14, 2017
Wakefield
What variant is your FR? Is it 5F1 or 5F? Then you can narrow it down to which part you'd need. I had a quick search on ebay and found loads on there, as long as its a genuine part you can't go wrong on ebay.

22john

Mar 28, 2017
What variant is your FR? Is it 5F1 or 5F? Then you can narrow it down to which part you'd need. I had a quick search on ebay and found loads on there, as long as its a genuine part you can't go wrong on ebay.

It's a 1P :p
I think the part no. of the whole air duct is 1K0129618BF but I can't find any websites with it in stock that also have a picture of it, would hate to order the wrong thing..

I'd go to my local dealership but its quite a way away from me and isn't worth it for a less than a £20 part.

Last edited:

GhulamAfzal11

Feb 14, 2017
Wakefield
You could try calling your dealership and just enquire for a price? Have a look at VW too as they own Seat. I'd also have a look at contacting a few sellers on ebay see if they can source one for you :)

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
I think the part no. of the whole air duct is 1K0129618BF but I can't find any websites with it in stock that also have a picture of it, would hate to order the wrong thing..

I'd go to my local dealership but its quite a way away from me and isn't worth it for a less than a £20 part.

Number 7 in the diagram below is part number 1K0129618BF. It is for the CAXC and CBZB engines (if you lift the carpet in your boot you should find a sticker with your engine code on).

I suggest you put a new post in this forum section asking Dave at Sere Motors for price including postage. He can sometimes do a slightly better deal than the high street dealers and postage costs are usually only a few quid.

714oau.jpg

22john

Mar 28, 2017
Number 7 in the diagram below is part number 1K0129618BF. It is for the CAXC and CBZB engines (if you lift the carpet in your boot you should find a sticker with your engine code on).

It's the cap that goes on top of part no. 8 in that image, do you know the part number for that? I haven't been able to find it. I wouldn't mind buying a full number 8 if it wasn't ridiculously priced either.

Last edited:

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Just saw you post to Sere Motors and realised that it was the cap you wanted the part number for. Sorry! The cap doesn't come with part number 1KD8059629B9.

The part number for the actual cap itself is 1KD8059659B9.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members