• 10+

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

DScape

Dubbed
Apr 9, 2007
Derby
www.yeomansinc.co.uk
Recently, I've been toying with the idea of getting rid (turbo going..) but struggled with what to replace it with and I didn't fancy spending the cash on something I don't really do anymore (drive for pleasure!). I ended up having the turbo refurbished and some months back I had the clutch & flywheel replaced, so it should be good for some time.....fingers crossed.

Anyway, that aside... how long have you had yours for in terms of mileage and years?

Bought - 53k
Now - 115k
Years - 8

Don't get me wrong, I still want another car but I just can't justify it.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
8 years or so now... Bought it with 37k on the clock at 4years old, now on 83k. I keep toying with the idea of changing and quite fancy the new 1.8tsi Cupra, but for the cost I find it hard to justify, having always kept mine in such good condition (I've spent a fair bit the last 12 months on new ARB, Brembo brake consumables, speakers etc.). Plus I still enjoy driving it. I do envision it will want a clutch off me at some point with it still being on it's original on a stage 2 map, but it still feels strong for now.

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
Bought new 2008.
Now 147,500 on clock.
Still goes like a bomb.still on the original clutch !!!!
Can't let it go.
Bought a Mk 5 Ibiza 1.2.Tsi Fr 5 Dr last year 2014 plate.23,000 on clock.
Nice car but still love my old mk 4 !!!!

Andy

Last edited:

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
owned mine just about 10 years. 130tdi sport.

Look around occasionally to see what i could change it for and nothing grabs me unless your talking spending 1000s.
Even modern stuff cant do much better than the combination of performance and economy i got now with the remap.

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
We bought our FR TDI 3dr new in April 2005. We still have it. 102000 miles, I've put a quarter of those on in the last 18 months.

Other than the rusty wings, numerous car park dents and a broken front spring, it's not cost us anything other than servicing and usual consumables. Had it remapped in 2008 and it's run like a good un. Still on the original clutch even though we enjoy what REVO endowed it with!

It needs a drivers side wing, fuel gauge sorting and a respray and it'll be like a new car again.

rallyslag3

Mar 23, 2007
I had a 18 month old fr 1.8 20vt on an 04 plate.
I have just bought a 1.9 tdi sport Pd 100 as a commuter.
I am busting to mod it.
I used to have a 200 bhp fabia vrs, with all the toys. I miss that car.

qwert

Jan 13, 2008
I've had mine almost ten years now. 1.9 FR, remapped, uprated brakes, new interior, new turbo, strut braces. I absolutely love it. It's only let me down once or twice, still goes like a rocket and has outlasted many friends cars, who spend thousands to get crappy performance and economy. I'd actually like to find a car that I'd want to change it for but I can't. People take the piss, then they drive it and love it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.