How to tell

knappers

Mar 10, 2017
How can you tell an FR tdi 184 from a tdi 150?
Any tell tale signs under the bonnet?

Si.

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
Rear suspension is only thing I can think off.. Have you got a reg plate? That'll be easy..type it on a insurance website and will show all the details

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
Probably easier to look at the back axle. 184 will independent rear suspension. I haven't looked under the bonnet of a 150 but I guess they are very similar.

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

knappers

Mar 10, 2017
Okay, cool.
Just checking. We only bought the car a week or two ago, and the wife has just had her insurance renewal through. It states it as a fr 2.0 tdi 181. It's definitely a 150 as it has the beam rear axle.
Even for a 184, their price would still be too bloody much, though.
What's frustrating is that the same insurer is coming in at £200 cheaper on confused.com.
Si.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Okay, cool.
Just checking. We only bought the car a week or two ago, and the wife has just had her insurance renewal through. It states it as a fr 2.0 tdi 181. It's definitely a 150 as it has the beam rear axle.
What's frustrating is that the same insurer is coming in at £200 cheaper on confused.com.
Si.

Loyalty doesn't pay with car insurance. Always cheaper to move around.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Okay, cool.
Si.
Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

ali831

Apr 19, 2008
hampshire
ring your insurers and tell them you have got a cheaper quote for them and hopefully they will price match. My son is with elephant, found a quote that was £200 cheaper with admiral, phoned elephant and they matched the cheaper quote without hesitation because elephant is admirals sister company :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.