MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
How have you managed to get such detailed information? I've been struggling to get any details at all, although this morning when I told my dealer that perhaps mine is on the Hoegh Kunsan which is currently in Zeebrugge his response was: "I believe that the ship should port overnight".

Shortly after that I received an email from SEAT UK:

Hello Huw,
The wheels are fitted. The lights are tested. The final coat of paint is dry. Your new SEAT Leon ST CUPRA is ready to leave the factory and head to Hartwell SEAT Oxford. Interestingly, your lovely new car travels by train – the most efficient and caring way of getting it to you quickly.

Just emailed the dealer this morning, he has been really good with information, car was bulit last Thursday.

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
Got mine today.

CB863375-31EC-43C1-8BEB-CEE5933864AD_zpsqrvhryer.jpg

C928C25B-8477-4057-9193-DF2516970604_zpsiis4dfbn.jpg

First impressions are good. I was worried it might feel a bit sluggish coming from a 510hp Jag but I'm really quite surprised, I've not been giving it death but it's really punchy.

Looks great in grey, wheels look great and it has turned a few heads.

Mine's a manual, having had loads of auto saloons i fancied the change. This was the right choice, just suits the car so well I can't imagine a dsg adding anything to the experience.

Fastish motorway journey home has averaged 38mpg too. All round happy.

spongeym

Feb 9, 2017
Very very impressive. Mainly because I've gone for the same colour! Did you go for any options? What's the interior feel like, comfy seats?

Sent using wizardry

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
It's a completely standard car, in hindsight I should have specced keyless but tbh I generally don't see the value in options..

Mine's on Continental 5P, they weren't my first choice as I know they wear really quick but there's decent rim protection and they grip well wet or dry. They're also the AO (Audi Specific) tyre which I suppose sort of makes sense being VAG. A quick look online shows they're available for £135 each which is substantially cheaper than the £165 for the non specific 5P which is good as I can see it going through them!

Really chuffed it's got the rear spoiler fins, makes the back end look loads better.

spongeym

Feb 9, 2017
It's a completely standard car, in hindsight I should have specced keyless but tbh I generally don't see the value in options..

Mine's on Continental 5P, they weren't my first choice as I know they wear really quick but there's decent rim protection and they grip well wet or dry. They're also the AO (Audi Specific) tyre which I suppose sort of makes sense being VAG. A quick look online shows they're available for £135 each which is substantially cheaper than the £165 for the non specific 5P which is good as I can see it going through them!

Really chuffed it's got the rear spoiler fins, makes the back end look loads better.
I thought about the keyless as well, Mrs had it on her yards as a standard feature so put me off paying for it!

Stupid question, do you have to use the key for the ignition? My BMW is keyless entry, but as long as it's in the car I can start it with a button push.

Sent using wizardry

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
Yeah my lasses Clio has keyless standard! It makes you lazy..

It's a traditional key in ignition job! The electric handbrake more than makes up for it though, brilliant things.

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Anyone connected phone up yet? Can I connect both android and iPhone? Seems to suggest you need to use cables .... if so what's the point in wireless charging

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
If you ordered you car in January and you get it monday are you paying the £185 road tax or £500 per year under the new scheme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huw

Feb 13, 2017
SW London
If you ordered you car in January and you get it monday are you paying the £185 road tax or £500 per year under the new scheme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's registered before tomorrow it is £185 per year, from tomorrow onwards it's £500 for the first year and then £140 in subsequent years. By the eighth year both systems will have cost the same and after that the new scheme is cheaper.

Last edited:

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Cool my android is Samsung s7 ... just seems mad that you can wireless charge but you have to cable connect to use connectivity

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

huw

Feb 13, 2017
SW London
Cool my android is Samsung s7 ... just seems mad that you can wireless charge but you have to cable connect to use connectivity

What makes you think it won't connect via Bluetooth?

Extract from brochure:
BEING CONNECTED OR NOT DEPENDS ON YOU.
The new SEAT Leon offers an 8 inch high resolution screen so you can control everything at a single glance. With Full Link technology you will be able to see the contents of your smartphone and enjoy your apps while driving. The Connectivity Hub with Wireless Charger* ensure that your phone will never be short of energy. Charge it without using a cable by just placing it on the surface whenever you want.

FR184

Mar 27, 2014
My Golf has App connect. You can use the phone via bluetooth and stream music. App connect requires a cable, so if you wish to use sat nav etc you will need to plugin. I assume that the leon is the same.

On the golf, vw did a really poor job of app connect. For example the steering wheel buttons dont work in the same way as the bluetooth which makes it a really poor upgrade. Shame really.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey

As a tyre wear marker, my 290 BE in Monsoon grey has shaved off half the tread in the 5P fronts since last October – I only managed ~3.5k on them before swapping front to rear.
My other car (Megane 225) managed 15k on the fronts with Michelin PSS’s and that’s driven in the same way (making progress when safely possible but not titting about like an idiot!)

huw

Feb 13, 2017
SW London
A question to those who have already taken delivery:

What Infotainment comes as standard?

On the configurator there are options for SEAT Sound System (10 speakers including sub-woofer) and Navigation System High, but neither of these options feature in the brochure.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.