Front bumper FR wrap - opinions

CupraJ1

Nov 20, 2009
I'm getting my front bumper wrapped in usually places tomorrow: behind number plate in recess, grille dechromed, and bottom middle of bumper. Just wondered on people's opinions, do people normally do gloss or matte black. What looks best?
Also, i was thinking of doing the bottom part of bumper in silver or anthracite (like some Audi's) ... Anyone good at Photoshop?

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
I went for gloss and Im happy, definitely wouldnt do matt as I think it woukd differ too much from the grille, one day I'll get it all sprayed in a nice shiny gloss :)

26630fd630097202067fc15c3308510d.jpg

CupraJ1

Nov 20, 2009
Looks good, is grille gloss too, can't tell from picture?
What you think it anthracite grey bottom or silver.. figure on white might suit it

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
You mean the frame or actual grille? Frame is gloss wrap and the grille is same as yours, a bit dirty on this pic which Im sorry for but havent got any other close shots :D sounds interesting but I'd have to see it, hard to say otherwise

CupraJ1

Nov 20, 2009
Sorry yeah meant frame. Might go for it, can't be hard to change once it's done!

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
Anthracite would look better on a white car, for bottom of bumper and perhaps grille surround. I've got a Lima Green FR and am thinking anthracite is the way to go too. :)

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I've only done behind the numberplate. I went with matt black as it blends with the plastic grill really well and looks like one piece.

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
Why the two different setups Steve? Did you find the wrap interfered with the front sensors?

EDIT: I see you have no front sensors. Can anybody else shed some light on whether vinyl wrap affects parking sensors?

Last edited:

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
I'm holding off PlastiDipping mine until I find out if it'll affect the sensors. So far internet searching has shown mixed opinions across different car brands. :-/

Flaw3d Genius

Jan 8, 2015
Glasgow
I wrapped my gloss black and the wrap had an effect on the sensors now they come on much later/much closer to object than they did pre wrap.

leon_1.jpg

leon_2.jpg

Last edited:

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
Sounds like their signal (return) strength is weakened my going through the extra layer (vinyl). As long as they still work I'd be happy.

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
I wrapped my gloss black and the wrap had an effect on the sensors now they come on much later/much closer to object than they did pre wrap.

leon_1.jpg

leon_2.jpg
Cannot see well when zooming in but are yours completely covered?
Mine were cut so the sensors are filled inside but not fully covered if you see what I mean ;-)

iNowack

Feb 23, 2017
Belgrade
I've wrapped mine with matte black as rear bumper has matte black color part by Seat
b6024e8b58ffd4ecc5317ed2aa29d7c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
I'm holding off PlastiDipping mine until I find out if it'll affect the sensors. So far internet searching has shown mixed opinions across different car brands. :-/

I plastidipped mine and the parking sensors work fine still. top tip don't wash the car before doing it.

Last edited:

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
Cannot see well when zooming in but are yours completely covered?
Mine were cut so the sensors are filled inside but not fully covered if you see what I mean ;-)
With wrapping this are do you have to claim it on insrance? Im taking mine in tomorrow to get quoted and will book it in depending on price and if the insurance is affected.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
With wrapping this are do you have to claim it on insrance? Im taking mine in tomorrow to get quoted and will book it in depending on price and if the insurance is affected.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Strictly speaking yes as it's a modification from standard but in the same breath it's removable so can quickly whip it off should anything happen. I'm a rather play safe and tell them kind of guy as should the worst happen, I don't want to agony of a damaged or written off car AND the bill to go with it when insurance doesn't cough up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.