2017 Leon!!!

andy295

Leon FR EcoTSI 150
Feb 16, 2017
Hi all,

Quick question. I'm looking at ordering a 1.4tsi (125) on lease as I've been offered a great lease deal (£194pm) 1+23 10k p.a. Would like the 150 engine but i do less than 8k a year so doesn't bother me too much.

It's a 1.4tsi fr tech and i was wondering if it comes with the convenience pack as standard? Or even just an anti dim mirror as that's all I really want, maybe the auto lights too. Would be great if someone could clarify.

According to the April pricelist, the Convenience Pack is only standard on the Xcellence, X-perience and Cupra models, not the FR.

You can order it as an extra, but bear in mind that the whole cost of any extras goes into your 2 year lease. So if you order £500 of extras, your payments will go up by £21 a month.

I fancied the expensive alloys and the new red colour (not included in the lease) and it would have cost me an extra £60 or so! I decided against it ;)

Last edited:

andy295

Leon FR EcoTSI 150
Feb 16, 2017
Chief, if you did want the EcoTSI, the best deal I can see on the What Car leasing site for the EcoTSI is £196.01 with a first payment of £588.03, from a Seat dealer.

That's £8000 pa but you said that's all you do anyway. The extra mileage is 5p so it won't cost much if you go over.

I got a quote from the cheapest deal on there, then took it to my local dealer who matched it, might be worth a try.

EDIT: sorry, that was just a TSI I looked at, not an EcoTSI. The deals have gone up since I ordered in January.

Last edited:

Chief

Jun 5, 2012
According to the April pricelist, the Convenience Pack is only standard on the Xcellence, X-perience and Cupra models, not the FR.

You can order it as an extra, but bear in mind that the whole cost of any extras goes into your 2 year lease. So if you order £500 of extras, your payments will go up by £21 a month.

I fancied the expensive alloys and the new red colour (not included in the lease) and it would have cost me an extra £60 or so! I decided against it ;)

Yeah I wouldn't have minded paying the extra £230 for the pack over two years as you can only purchase the convenience plus pack now for some strange reason. However they had to re-quote me and take into account the new VED changes which raises the price to £210pm so works out to an extra £377.76 for it. Think i can live without it for two years ;).

codfish30

Apr 4, 2017
Had my 1.4 ecotsi in mystery blue on order since Jan, not heard anything yet! One question though, I thought these new models came with the Start button? Will be annoying having to put a key in again after having a fiesta ST if not.

Chief

Jun 5, 2012
Chief, if you did want the EcoTSI, the best deal I can see on the What Car leasing site for the EcoTSI is £196.01 with a first payment of £588.03, from a Seat dealer.

That's £8000 pa but you said that's all you do anyway. The extra mileage is 5p so it won't cost much if you go over.

I got a quote from the cheapest deal on there, then took it to my local dealer who matched it, might be worth a try.

EDIT: sorry, that was just a TSI I looked at, not an EcoTSI. The deals have gone up since I ordered in January.

Yeah I thought so, thanks for the heads up anyway. Still gutted i missed out the GTI and the Golf R deals!

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
Has anyone got a leon with the connectivity hub? I want to know how big the wireless charger is as I'm buying a new phone before my car arrives

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sboothy

Apr 3, 2017
Had my 1.4 ecotsi in mystery blue on order since Jan, not heard anything yet! One question though, I thought these new models came with the Start button? Will be annoying having to put a key in again after having a fiesta ST if not.

Mine uses a key!

why do you have such a delay? I ordered mine end of jan and received mine on friday.

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
Has anyone got a leon with the connectivity hub? I want to know how big the wireless charger is as I'm buying a new phone before my car arrives

I have the 6s plus and it fits, s7 edge no problem too and charges it through the mask

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
I have the 6s plus and it fits, s7 edge no problem too and charges it through the mask
Thank you, I currently have an s7 edge and I'm thinking of getting an s8 plus I'm worried if it will fit, does the s7 edge have much room top and bottom? Thanks.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017

Not as standard no that's part of the KESSY pack which is the keyless entry system. Blimey that's quite a wait, what engine you gone for? I ordered my fr 1.4 ecotsi in Feb and picked it up last week, 7 weeks I think it was.

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
Not as standard no that's part of the KESSY pack which is the keyless entry system. Blimey that's quite a wait, what engine you gone for? I ordered my fr 1.4 ecotsi in Feb and picked it up last week, 7 weeks I think it was.
I've been waiting since mid Feb and mines due for delivery in a month

superdon

Jan 30, 2017

That's not always the case with options on leases. Ours is coming with about £2000 worth of options, we will only be paying about £500 over the two years for those options. Its all in the haggling :)

andy295

Leon FR EcoTSI 150
Feb 16, 2017
That's not always the case with options on leases. Ours is coming with about £2000 worth of options, we will only be paying about £500 over the two years for those options. Its all in the haggling :)
That's interesting to hear. Although I'd already what I think was a rock-bottom price plus they'd agreed to pay £750 cashback (sorry, "dealer support") off my deposit. so I doubt they'd have budged on the extras. But worth a try next time.

What extras did you go for?

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Ordered in March, expected delivery should be in about two weeks. January seems a long while.

Mine was ordered in mid-December. Technically it was mid-November but that was a failed attempt to order a pre-FL model which they'd closed the order books on. It's arriving on Friday.

pdid

Jan 15, 2017
It's a 1.4tsi fr tech and i was wondering if it comes with the convenience pack as standard? Or even just an anti dim mirror as that's all I really want, maybe the auto lights too. Would be great if someone could clarify.

My estate FR, no extra's except metallic has auto lights, the wipers need to be switched on manually but intermittent adjusts itself automatically. Not sure about auto dimming mirror.

Incidentally mine came with Android auto which is supposedly a £150 option. It's very confusing.

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
My estate FR, no extra's except metallic has auto lights, the wipers need to be switched on manually but intermittent adjusts itself automatically. Not sure about auto dimming mirror.

Incidentally mine came with Android auto which is supposedly a £150 option. It's very confusing.
I thought android auto was standard on the facelift fr as they have the bigger screen and android auto, that was one of the improvements over the old media system

MadCow

Jan 6, 2017
Full Link is not a standard in Facelift afaik.

Btw why would anyone go for an SC? It doesn't look as nice as a normal 5dr plus it's less practical...

Benjyshwa

Jan 14, 2017
Full Link is not a standard in Facelift afaik.

Btw why would anyone go for an SC? It doesn't look as nice as a normal 5dr plus it's less practical...

No but it's standard in the FR, and why would anyone go for a 5dr? It doesn't look as nice as a normal SC plus it costs more :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members