Edinburgh/Midlothian/West Lothian April Meet

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
Guys, recently bought a SEAT Leon FR Mk3 and looking to revive a Meet. Here's a few location suggestions and dates:

Edinburgh - Hermiston Gate Retail Park
Midlothian - Table Table
West Lothian - one of the Livingston Shopping Centre Carparks
South Queensferry - Carpark overlooking the bridges

Dates:
7th April (Friday Night)
8th April (Sat Night)
9th April (Sun Night)

Comment where your preference would be (other suggestions welcome) and preferred date. Would be good to get half a dozen or more cars together. :)

I'll bring my laptop and VCDS and happy to run Fault Code Scans and Mods/Tweaks.

CORDY_SXMAN

Apr 14, 2004
www.vagowners.co.uk
I'd be interested in this, I organised 3 meets back in 2015 at the Table Table Esk Valley.

This was a good venue, as it has a big car park which is usually quiet.

The Dub Side have a monthly VAG meet at Hermiston Gate Retail Park.

A weekend would probably suit me best, but happy to go along with whatever date and venue is most popular.

Cheers Paul (Bonnyrigg)

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
I'd be interested in this, I organised 3 meets back in 2015 at the Table Table Esk Valley.

This was a good venue, as it has a big car park which is usually quiet.

The Dub Side have a monthly VAG meet at Hermiston Gate Retail Park.

A weekend would probably suit me best, but happy to go along with whatever date and venue is most popular.

Cheers Paul (Bonnyrigg)

Good to see a fellow Midlothian-er Paul. Would be good if we can get enough SEAT owners for a meet. If not then I'll maybe head to the Dubside VAG meet (Wednesday April 5th?) and keep an eye out for you/fellow SEAT owners.

Last edited:

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
I might make it if on the 7th. I have a leaving do on the 8th so going to be unable to drive then and probably the 9th as well as it will be messy.
No fussed where about. I stay up the road from Hermi but for some strange reason I don't seem to mind having to drive anywhere lol.
Btw I have only just joined and have a leon Cupra St 280 I bought 6 days and 3 refills ago.
I don't know anything about anything on it so everyday shall be a school day.
What days do Dub Side meet as may be available for that?
Cheers, Boab.

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
Dubside have confirmed they are meeting on Wednesday 5th April at Hermiston Gait Retail park (7pm). I'm going along, would be good to see plenty SEAT owners there. I'll bring my VCDS and laptop if anybody wants things tweaked/coded.

GFF

Feb 26, 2017
I'm 2 mins away from hermiston gait, I'll see if I can make it along on Wednesday, I'll be in a mk5 Ibiza copa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boab

Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
Also only 2 mins from Hermi. Taking a friend to London on wed but shall try and be back to nip along. Probably wont be until after 8ish if I do make it. I shall keep an eye on this thread to see who is going and to say whether I can make it or no on the day.

GFF

Feb 26, 2017
Good shout I'll keep an eye out for you guys, this will be my first ever meet of any sort and I've been desperate to get to one!

Boab

Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
Ok so I managed to miss my train in London so will now not be back in Edinburgh until about half 8 so won't be able to make it to the gate until about 9. Anyone planning on being there about then?

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
No worries. I'm not home from work yet so will likely be nearer 8 before I arrive. Am picking the Mrs up at the airport at 11pm so will be around for a while.

GFF

Feb 26, 2017
Went along tonight but left shortly after arriving, didn't really know anyone but good to see a decent turnout

Boab

Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
Also went along. Nice to meet Dodds. Did feel like a spare when I turned up though. Some nice motors and a good number of nice Seats when I left.

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
Much bigger turn out than I thought. Mostly Mk2 Leons too, about 50% cars there last night.

17436119_1478574692162500_3839268810897776754_o.jpg

Good to meet you Boab, will probably see you at the May meet. [B)]
Sorry we missed you @GFF. I could only make it along for about 8:30 onwards.
See you next month?

GFF

Feb 26, 2017
I saw your Leon but not yourself, I'll do my best to be there next month

Boab

Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
I saw your Leon but not yourself, I'll do my best to be there next month

I was the same GFF. I just got out and asked who's Dodds and finally found him after asking in a couple of groups. Not the most enjoyable experience but it's the only way to meet new folk and thankfully you only have to do it once ;)

If you want the next time we can meet up somewhere beforehand and fire down together.

GFF

Feb 26, 2017
I was the same GFF. I just got out and asked who's Dodds and finally found him after asking in a couple of groups. Not the most enjoyable experience but it's the only way to meet new folk and thankfully you only have to do it once ;)

If you want the next time we can meet up somewhere beforehand and fire down together.

Aye that seems like a good idea

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
Would be good to get along this weekend at some point, wont make tonight though.

If folk are meeting still i can get the drone out get an aerial shot of the cars,

mine will be the normal one next to the rest

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise