What did you and your MK2 do today?

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Cable tied the rear brake shield back on until the replacement arrives :cartman:

Anyone know do you need to remove the entire caliper on a Cupra to remove the brake disc?

When I've changed discs before on cars normally you can just remove one bolt and loosen the lower bolt and rotate the caliper out of the way. Not done discs on the R yet but my EP3 Type-R I had you could do it.

Ashers16

Feb 16, 2015
Northeast England
Took her for a remap today... Not had chance to go for a drive yet as I am at work but seems a fair bit faster... Dunno why I've not done it sooner.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ashers16

Feb 16, 2015
Northeast England
Just took it to the garage where I get all my work done. Egr was giving me some bother so got them to blank it off and gut the DPF while it was there... Now I want to take it to a rolling road to find out what I'm actually getting

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FMarques

Dec 3, 2016
Just a question mate, are the exhaust pipes the original ones?

Enviado do meu D6503 através de Tapatalk

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
i kept adding layer at a time until i felt happy with them dan :) the light comes through absolutely fine as you can see haha

it was easier for me to just leave them on the car, back it into the garage and mask up as i haven't yet set up a workbench or anything in the garage and didnt want to risk get any dust etc in them spraying them or the floor. when i've doen them in the past i've always removed them and masked up etc on a workbench and admittedly it was easier and less hassle

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Why do people not remove the badge to paint? It's quicker to remove than it is to mask up around it......:confused:

I did the same and masked mine when I plasti-dipped the rear badge. Only took 5 mins to mask. Although I must admit I didnt even look at taking the badge off :)

i kept adding layer at a time until i felt happy with them dan :) the light comes through absolutely fine as you can see haha

it was easier for me to just leave them on the car, back it into the garage and mask up as i haven't yet set up a workbench or anything in the garage and didnt want to risk get any dust etc in them spraying them or the floor. when i've doen them in the past i've always removed them and masked up etc on a workbench and admittedly it was easier and less hassle

My brother fly-eyed his rears which looked okay. You planning anything else for it?

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
I did the same and masked mine when I plasti-dipped the rear badge. Only took 5 mins to mask. Although I must admit I didnt even look at taking the badge off :)

My brother fly-eyed his rears which looked okay. You planning anything else for it?

i keep thinking about a light mist on the fronts but not sure yet, tbf i dont want to get caught up putting too much money into it as it's only a daily run around for me but maybe springs/coilys and 18's :think:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
i keep thinking about a light mist on the fronts but not sure yet, tbf i dont want to get caught up putting too much money into it as it's only a daily run around for me but maybe springs/coilys and 18's :think:

Tint film is what I used on mine. Bit of a pain to get right but looks good.

I'm in two minds with mine, whether to run it into the ground or get a new one. It changes on a daily basis haha

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Tint film is what I used on mine. Bit of a pain to get right but looks good.

I'm in two minds with mine, whether to run it into the ground or get a new one. It changes on a daily basis haha

:cartman: i was just guna ask when is the new car coming?! i'll probably run mine to the death now just keep it all mechanically sound as any spare money will just go on the garage been re roofed and getting the driveway blocked too over the summer hopefully!

iNeoTom

Mar 21, 2017
Today i had my vcds cable (clone) delivered and had a play around with it and i have now got rid of the annoying kmh on the mfd and changed it to mph and also turned off the seat belt warning as it's very annoying when i have been carrying things in the front seat and it sets it off all the time.

I also sorted out my mirrors closing with my remote and opening when i put the key in the ignition with a guide on this site about resetting the windows. :)

ZRZ

Dec 30, 2014
Hertfordshire
I've got a ore facelift PD140 so don't have a DPF anyway haha. Undecided on specifications yet, I'm going in to see them next week to discuss everything :) Costing a small fortune though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Today i had my vcds cable (clone) delivered and had a play around with it and i have now got rid of the annoying kmh on the mfd and changed it to mph and also turned off the seat belt warning as it's very annoying when i have been carrying things in the front seat and it sets it off all the time.

I also sorted out my mirrors closing with my remote and opening when i put the key in the ignition with a guide on this site about resetting the windows. :)

Where did you get it from and is it like the genuine vcds?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members