RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
3630242683dc52e8abe08947adb07220.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
Give or take: Alternator issues 500, one side mirror 200, fog lamp 200, brake fluid 50, washer jets 10. Also got a "a leak or dampness" from the engine and gearbox, possible rubber seal failure. The fact that id had to go to SEAT due to everywhere being booked up and me needing to be back on the road tomorrow night at the latest has put me in a mood. Dropped it off last night, had it all day today, and it'll be done at the end of tomorrow? What the f*** have they being doing to not replace my alternator like i asked them to on Monday? They have had the time to do a health check and video which i didnt ask for, now im looking at least 500 to get it back on the road....fml

Cupra_liam

Aug 5, 2016
200 for a fog lamp? Healthy mark up they have don't they.
Sounds like they are robbing you mate and taking the piss with regards to turn around time

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
200 for a fog lamp? Healthy mark up they have don't they.
Sounds like they are robbing you mate and taking the piss with regards to turn around time

Aye tell me about it, only having the work done to get her back on the road but, as i can't afford the rest, they pissed me off with this joke of a price list, and the time its taken. Motor in the side mirror has gone, so its 214 for a new mirror!? Mechs that just unplug and plug in parts nice one, just like a 5 year old with lego. What happened to mechs that can actually fix things? Considering an email to SEAT about it, glad they sent that price list through by text, id have flipped out if it was in person

Cupra_liam

Aug 5, 2016
Feel for you mate horrible situation to be in. And yeah main dealers seem to have lost actual mechanical ability as they profit more from part swapping than paying real mechanics to actually fix something

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
get a side mirror etc cheaper than that off flea bay, I agree that they are robbing you due to you wanting it quick smart, surely it doesn't take this long to change a alternator,

if it makes things easier I took my car to have a new stat in and new coolant, he charged me for that and hooking it up to his computer to tell me that I had faults on, I told him at the start I already knew about,
I'm sure garages like to rip people off, sorry to all those descent garages and mobiles out there.
I do feel for you mate as bought my lcr from a guy from Lincoln for over 3k and now its just a money pit.

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
Yeah cheers lads, im just venting right now. Yeah the diagnostics was included in the first hours labour at a total of £69.90, i figure it'd take a couple hours to changed one over, but its been with them for 10 hours already, plus however long tomorrow...(insert swear words here)

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
vent away buddy, I was angry a couple of months when I bought my car as the guy I had it off suppose to of been a mechanic, ive probably spent 2k on it.

I had to spent a bit when i bought it couple years ago too, told me the passenger window wasn't working, and it needed a new motor, fair enough. Got the car home opened up the door, no door card, just a piece of wood....fantastic and then the droplinks, and the exhaust too. But after that, thats been it apart from mods and services. Got her for 3500, spent about 5000, which i don't mind at all to be fair? Most of that was me replacing parts for peace of mind, like engine hosing and better coils/sparks but i know myself that 8/10 times its the regulator that goes not the actual alternator, i just have that feeling that they are just mugging me off and just saying f*** it charge him for an alternator

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
£200 for a fog light?!? £50 break fluid!?! I'd have said fix the main issue "alternator" and fix the rest somewhere else. I've heard horrible story's from vw dealer's but won't deal with seat as the staff are stuck up c*nts in Peterborough. Didn't even want to help me with my old mk1

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
Yeah i know mate, only getting the alternator fixed, i can get it all the rest done cheaper elsewhere, absolute joke. Its a disgrace because you know people who don't really know much about cars are getting robbed every single day thinking its normal

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
I had to spent a bit when i bought it couple years ago too, told me the passenger window wasn't working, and it needed a new motor, fair enough. Got the car home opened up the door, no door card, just a piece of wood....fantastic and then the droplinks, and the exhaust too. But after that, thats been it apart from mods and services. Got her for 3500, spent about 5000, which i don't mind at all to be fair? Most of that was me replacing parts for peace of mind, like engine hosing and better coils/sparks but i know myself that 8/10 times its the regulator that goes not the actual alternator, i just have that feeling that they are just mugging me off and just saying f*** it charge him for an alternator

same here really, the passenger window would go up and down with a scraping noise, the front passenger and drivers door both need door locking modules, I had to get another ecu as it was showing a weird fault and the only way of getting rid of it would be to get it remapped, the handbrake needed adjusting, so since ive had it ive got both door modules and the seal to reseal the doors, I still need to get the passenger regulator, ive had to get the suspension sorted as 1 of the coilover springs has snapped, ive bought a maf sensor, ive probably forgot some things but I will remember lol

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
My boot is like a mobile Leon spares store, filters, coils, sparks, sensors and all the liquids required, the joys of owning an older car eh!

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
I bought the car as it supposedly had everthing done to it, but obviously not, a few weeks later I noticed a knocking noise on the passenger front side, I put this down to the window as it was making a noise and thought something was loose, it turned out to be the strut nut coming loose, tighten it up then after a while the spring snapped, it then decided to run lumpy on start up, I found a pipe from the fuel regulator to the inlet manifold had split, sorted that out, started the car ran worst than before, I disconnected the maf and all was ok. god knows what will need to be done next but I do feel for you mate.

Dowson1993

Jan 20, 2017
Not to this extent but I've had seat try take the Micky before took it in for diagnostics with a list of faults I was aware of due to them being caused by stuff I had changed and not got sorted car was ment to go straight in get plugged in then give me the results took them all day from 8 till 5 went in to collect it and got handed back the same sheet of paper I had gave them when I went in and told that would be 60 quid for there findings what a joke that is

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.