New to forums - cupra security

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
APR remap and use the anti theft on cruise control.
Or the latest kid on the block is the Auto Watch Ghost system. Can't start even with the keys :)

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
APR remap and use the anti theft on cruise control.
Or the latest kid on the block is the Auto Watch Ghost system. Can't start even with the keys :)

I didn't even know a thing like that existed but now it's just become the thing I need most in my life! What a fantastic idea.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
All these security systems are fine, and I'm sure they work really well. However, the one constant weak link in this is the driver. Yes, all these systems will deter most opportunist scrotes, but if someone has seriously planned to get your car, they will. All you can do is make it so difficult that they move on to another.

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
A secondary system that isolates the OBD and ign/engine start is the way forward in my view.

I have developed my own system that disables the OBD port and the push button start (if fitted). So a new key cant be programmed and even with they keys the OBD port and push start button are isolated.

Sergio

Jul 27, 2011
Leeds and/or London
Know of one stolen 2 hours after leaving the dealer but that was in Bradford. I worried about my old Fiesta ST180 getting jacked, decided to leave the keys near the door but not visible, if they're determined enough to come in my house they can have it and it can be Avivas problem. Though you don't actually need the keys to steal a Ford as they put the OBD port in an alarm blind spot :censored:

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
I'm fully insured, they can have it. It is only a lump of metal and can be replaced.
If they want it they will get it. I'm not going to make it too difficult for them as I'd rather they were just gone and not coming looking for anything else or hanging about. That plus I stay in a flat and the car is parked on other side of building so probably wouldnt hear it anyway. The one good thing is that I'm from a shite area where we all look after each other and all the crooks go to the nicer areas.
One suggestion though, would it not make sense to have the obd in a locked compartment?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I don't want mine pinched as it is a pain so I still have my old mech Disklok which needs time and noise to remove and put on every night. The car is watched by security cams and the drive has security lighting so hopefully they will go elsewhere, I grew up in a dodgy area so know most of the stunts, and still have my cut down baseball bat handy from my days on the ice cream van.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cuprabenwytm

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
I don't want mine pinched as it is a pain so I still have my old mech Disklock which needs time and noise to remove and put on every night. The car is watched by security cams and the drive has security lighting so hopefully they will go elsewhere, I grew up in a dodgy area so know most of the stunts, and still have my cut down baseball bat handy from my days on the ice cream van.

Competition that tough in the ice cream business then?

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Failing a OBD anti theft mode, maybe a for sale poster on the dash listed as spares or repairs (engineless)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.