What things can you activate on VCDS ?

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
Just looking into what can be activated from the VCDS ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mickle

May 25, 2016
Not VCDS, but I think you can do most of the same with an ODBEleven.

I've switched on:
mirror fold on lock
beep on lock
rear lights on with DRLs
show fan speed on auto climate control
convenience indicator to 4 (instead of 3)
add oil temperature to dash screen

Maybe a few more, they're all pretty small changes. A lot of the options are already activated on a cupra, but you could get carbon background, needle sweep etc on an FR.

There's a thread on here about the ODBElevens, if we have another meet in the midlands I can bring mine :D

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
Not VCDS, but I think you can do most of the same with an ODBEleven.

I've switched on:

mirror fold on lock

beep on lock

rear lights on with DRLs

show fan speed on auto climate control

convenience indicator to 4 (instead of 3)

add oil temperature to dash screen

Maybe a few more, they're all pretty small changes. A lot of the options are already activated on a cupra, but you could get carbon background, needle sweep etc on an FR.

There's a thread on here about the ODBElevens, if we have another meet in the midlands I can bring mine :D

Id like some of them activated, ill get a meet sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
Was thinking of buying an odbeleven as I could use it on our other cars. But just wanting confirmation it will work ok on the latest cars. Presuming it will.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Quick one, have been looking into ODBEleven today, do you have to buy it to make changes?

Have got the credits it gives you, but looking online it seems you need the pro version to actually be able to make any changes.

Have a bluetooth ODB adapter at home so going to try that tonight to see if it connects

hyburnate

Feb 12, 2016
I have OBDEleven, can't quite remember it's full pricing scheme but from what I recall:

You are required to buy their dongle direct from them, this ships fairly quickly (2-3 days).

You can then chose to purchase Pro which allows full diagnostics and long coding very similar to VCDS. There is however an option to purchase credits, these credits perform the most frequent used changes with just a simple press of a button.

I've done quite a few:

• Needle Sweep
  • Comfort Signal Increase
  • Carbon Display
  • Refuel Quantity
  • Cornering Lights
  • Comfort Wiper Off
  • Auto AC Shows Setting
  • Rain Closing
  • Auto Fold Mirrors
  • Beep on Lock and UnLock

Last edited:

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
obdeleven uses special ODB inteface dongle, you have to buy the dongle from them beside the app.

OK that makes sense, thought it might be like the torque app where it just connects to any OBD bluetooth dongle and works from that.

Will look at getting one, want to make some of the changes others have talked about in this thread

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
Anyone located near Birmingham that could do some of these features.

Inbox me Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members