Climair Shades

ben4012

Sep 20, 2016
Had them on other cars. No problems but not as quiet as you might think. Look better on three doors.

bbob

Sep 28, 2004
I've tried something similar in the past. They work well to keep the sun off children in the back even with the window open and also look like privacy glass from the outside. The big downer for me was lack of visibility out of the rear window so I took that one out not long after fitting but left the sides in place.

Steelywhisper

Jul 28, 2016
Ireland
I have them fitted to my ST great fit only took a few minutes to put in, As the Cupra already has a light tint in the back it makes it look like a dark tint now. I have them for the kids and have no problem seeing out the back window.

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
sounds like they might be worth looking at. they seem pretty damn pricey though. Has anyone attempted to use their UK shop? My antivirus goes nuts when i attempt to visit it. Or are there other channels to buy them through?

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
sounds like they might be worth looking at. they seem pretty damn pricey though. Has anyone attempted to use their UK shop? My antivirus goes nuts when i attempt to visit it. Or are there other channels to buy them through?

I have totally understand when the antivirus pops you think hmmm

Tryed could not buy them i turned the virus protection off and got me some a while ago for a masda 3 there the only place that did a 3 door

£55 had to wait a month as they aparently only stock clear one in the uk store so had to be made and shipped from germany

However i was impationt and unsure if i just gave my money away so i kept emailing them for updates ontop of that they did send updates of each stage like order recived then germany recived order and its shipped ect

Shipping was with a tracking number. With someone cant remember who but its the same one advertised on there site
And no they dont have anyone els they use i asked lol

In my opinion i would use them again but i got heko for my seat now glad it wasnt a arkward bugger like the mazda haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
I have sent them an email letting them know about it. I come from an IT engineering background so i take a dim view of badly maintained websites.

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
OK interesting found a UK company for something similar.

http://www.carshades.co.uk/privcay-shades-seat-leon-2012-p-5589.html

but it says 4 shades for the car. which is odd considering its only for 3 windows. watched a video for a nissan it the rear window had two separate shades. ill be honest id rather have a one piece shade! i assume the climair ones are just 3 pieces. Would be nicer to support a UK company but if the german ones look better its a no brainer.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere

That website doesn't even have an SSL certificate.

I'd avoid it like the plague.

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
Yh the sites nothing fancy but i am a previous customer

Granted it looks and feels fake ect but the goods came through lol and was quite happy with it all

Would only recommend if you carnt get them anywere els tho like i had with the mazda

FR184

Mar 27, 2014
OK interesting found a UK company for something similar.

http://www.carshades.co.uk/privcay-shades-seat-leon-2012-p-5589.html

but it says 4 shades for the car. which is odd considering its only for 3 windows. watched a video for a nissan it the rear window had two separate shades. ill be honest id rather have a one piece shade! i assume the climair ones are just 3 pieces. Would be nicer to support a UK company but if the german ones look better its a no brainer.

I have ordered a set of these for my 5 door. Im thinking that these include covers for the small triangle windows on the 5 door.

I have a set of vw blinds on my Golf estate so will be interesting to compare.

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
I have ordered a set of these for my 5 door. Im thinking that these include covers for the small triangle windows on the 5 door.

I have a set of vw blinds on my Golf estate so will be interesting to compare.

Is that from car shades? id be curious to know if the rear window is a split shade or one piece. could swing it for me.

Mine they seem to fit and stay useing a real snug fit not clips

that seems a bit at odds with the information from the actual websites for climair and Car shades. both ive seen videos for using clips. is it a different system on yours?

stevenboot

Sep 27, 2016
I have the carshades ones for my ST.... Back window is 2 parts and rear side triangle windows for rear. Both of these fit well, no clips needed. Bought the set to shade lil one in the back passenger seat and the back passenger window shades are pants. No clips hold them in, i just have to wedge them in. Wouldn't drive fast with them in and the window down.....
I'll have to fashion some fixings myself at some point, the frame of the shade is to thick to wedge between window seal and door frame.....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FR184

Mar 27, 2014
Is that from car shades? id be curious to know if the rear window is a split shade or one piece. could swing it for me.

The set I have for the Golf were direct from VW. (iirc easy to fit and good quality)

Will post pictures when I receive the set from car shades.

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
I wouldnt trust the back window ones without clips but the front arnt to back but if the clips are there might as well use them haha

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
I have the ones from CarShades in my MK1 LC, also have some in my Polo and past Golfs.

The rear will be split into two shades that meet into the middle.

I've found them very good, shades the children well int he back and does keep it nice and hidden.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members