Superchips Remap 1.4 TSI ACT

eightball103

weirdo
May 2, 2014
The current Leon and the 2016 Ibiza get the 150bhp ACT engine, I believe.

Wow really? did not hear about that... wonder if its a whole new engine setup or just better mapping... Might wait for the 2016 ACTs to be available for order and then place some calls to the garages...

My apologies for sounding like a broken MP3 :-D

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
Wow really? did not hear about that... wonder if its a whole new engine setup or just better mapping... Might wait for the 2016 ACTs to be available for order and then place some calls to the garages...

My apologies for sounding like a broken MP3 :-D

Check this out: http://www.netcarshow.com/seat/2016-ibiza/

It's a facelift of the current model. I assume the last one before the MK6 comes out (I reckon 2017). Main changes are the LED headlights, full matrix DIS, better media integration etc. Effectively a run out edition with all the toys and some new ones found on current cars (take a look at the new Fabia and all the electronic media toy's that has if you want a clue).

I'm guessing it'll just be map. A quick Google search brings up people who say the same.

t0mm_the_tank

Apr 29, 2012
North East
Anyone got any update if they've had there's mapped? I did have the dtuk box on mine but got rid as I wasn't too happy sometimes with how it worked, looking to get it done in the near future...anyone has theirs done I'd like to hear

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Anyone got any update if they've had there's mapped? I did have the dtuk box on mine but got rid as I wasn't too happy sometimes with how it worked, looking to get it done in the near future...anyone has theirs done I'd like to hear

have a custom map on mine done by Jf automotive.

going back on thursday for another quick tweak as ive had a full miltek fitted with decat.

so far 1000% like stock but with 25bhp more throughout the rev range and another 60nm at 2500rpm

LeeFR140

Oct 3, 2016
Morning guys... New to Forum. This is an Interesting read... Did the Revo tune every get released?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Bign

Apr 23, 2017
Hi,
I am wondering if anybody has got the 1.4tsi (140) remapped by superchips.
they seem to be the only one who have a map out for this engine and there figures are quiet impressive 38bhp and 65nm of gains.
I haven't really heard of them so any info on the company would be good also.

Hi just wondering if you ended up getting a remap for it as I have just bought one and interested in having it done myself

Bign

Apr 23, 2017
So is it a bad engine basically? I still have time to drop out of the sale

Steve221

Workshy Fop.
May 30, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
They were problematic from the word go and usually the only cure was a replacement with the much later, revised engine.

Problems such as oil consumption, misfires, chain failures, injector issues (but to name a few) put many people off owning and tuning the CAVE and slightly more reliable CTHE.

The problem was usually that the engine had underlying issues which were then blamed on the remap - which didn't actually cause the issue but emphasised it.

This is totally incorrect mate. There have been no such issues on the ACT engine. You are thinking about the old twin charged engine that was discontinued in the FR in 2013.

Steve221

Workshy Fop.
May 30, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
Morning guys... New to Forum. This is an Interesting read... Did the Revo tune every get released?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Revo do a Stage 1 remap that will give you between 178 and 200 bhp.

Plenty of other places will do it also, Celtic Tuning, DTUK among others are well established.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
This is totally incorrect mate. There have been no such issues on the ACT engine. You are thinking about the old twin charged engine that was discontinued in the FR in 2013.

Sorry guys, my bad.

Whilst the predecessor of the current 1.4 TSI (with or without ACT) was a problematic lump (the old twin charge unit)- the newer generation of 1.2 and 1.4 engines have proved to be one of the most reliable of those currently on offer by the VW Group.

Last edited:

LeeFR140

Oct 3, 2016
Revo do a Stage 1 remap that will give you between 178 and 200 bhp.

Plenty of other places will do it also, Celtic Tuning, DTUK among others are well established.
Thanks for the reply Steve - I'll check them out!

Sent from my E5823 Sony Xperia™ smartphone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.