Best tyres

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Yeah I told them I'll take my car elsewhere for tyres!
Interesting about potholes though - there's so many around where I live and I'm going to need a tyre that withstands them or withstands the evasive last second swerving to avoid them or the car I've just moved into the path of by trying to avoid the pothole!
It could just have been bad luck, but not had an issue after changing them. ( Now I've said it :cry: )
Try Black Circles or Tyreshopper online, or Camskills if you can get them fitted.
Just avoid Bridgestones unless you like loud banging noises...

simon_mac

Sep 5, 2011
I use to always go for kumho ecsta in 17s but didn't seem to last long about 8-9k when I had my Ibiza FR, but since I got a old vw golf for work I was recommended to use uniroyal rainsports and they seemed to last over 10k..........

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Just had 4 new Michelin PSS fitted this morning.

I've had a right mess on getting some 4S's from anyone. One place tried to fit me Sport 4s not realising it's a different tyre. Another place rang the day before saying there was a shortage and it would take 4-6 weeks to get them and would I accept a Dunlop.... Erm no.

Finally got ATS to do them but needed 7 days to get the tyre so in the end i just went for the PSS which were 60 quid cheaper (total). As expected they are incredible compared to stock fitting.

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
Just had a pair of Dunlop Sport Maxx RT fitted to my 64 plate ST 1.4act. My old front tyres had done over 27,000 miles and we're still not down to the legal limit. I changed them because it was convenient for me to do it now and also because I was fed up of waiting for the old ones to wear out! The rears are only about half worn so had them switched to the front and will replace them with another pair of the Dunlops in due course.
Original tyres were Bridgestone Turanza ER300.
Conal

br.adam

Jul 8, 2016
Seems like a cracking deal. Thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of Michelin PSS for my 290 ST.
Does anyone know of an alternative method of contacting Ben Patey than via Facebook?

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Have a full set of Michelin PS5s on my Leon ST - got them from Camskill (uk) and had local tyre place fit them. Absolutely brilliant, nice and quiet, and the grip in the wet is absolutely brilliant. On a dry hot day? Insane - sending 500nm through the front wheels with zero slip (admittedly the rest of the time it’ll happily spin the wheels in 1st/2nd if you floor it)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.