Map update when in for service

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
I was in for service at my local seat agent today. Leon 1.4 tsi 2016. I asked them to update the map as per the promise when I bought the car new. I was told the map would be updated free of charge at each service for the life of the guarante. When I collected the car they said to update would cost £95. I declined as anybody else had this experience and is it right? aggie I had nothing in writing so it looks like I am stuffed.

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Yes, free map updates if you purchased Map Care when you bought the car (did you?).

If not then you need to pay a kings ransom for the latest map updates that you will find are still out of date when compared to the likes of TomTom, Garmin and other bespoke satnav systems.

Last edited:

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
I was never offered map care or knew anything about it till now. I am not paying for maps if they are out of date. One can buy a Tom Tom with map updates for life for under £100 at Argos so for me it's a no brained.

mick_n3

Jul 23, 2014
Kettering Northants
Yes, free map updates if you purchased Map Care when you bought the car (did you?).

If not then you need to pay a kings ransom for the latest map updates that you will find are still out of date when compared to the likes of TomTom, Garmin and other bespoke satnav systems.

I was under the impression map care wasn't available in UK Have Seat finally come to their senses and offered it like they do elsewhere?
If so I'll bear it in mind when I look at changing my current Leon

santi

Sep 5, 2015
Preston
Slightly off topic but, I have a updated Map SD card new unopened that I have bought off ebay. part number 5F0919866H (V5). I checked with my main dealer to see if they would tell me if it would work in my 13 plate leon but they said it wouldnt as I need 5F0919866C (V2) which is what ive already got. I'm thinking they have just said no so I have to buy it directly from them which I'm not doing. Can someone confirm with me that the V5 will work in my car if I just swop out the old SD card for the new one?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise