Dynamic grey dent repair

aaaa_kk

Nov 19, 2016
Crawley, West Sussex
Hi all, so I've got a dent on the passenger wheel arch of my cupra

9e5136048dc4d9d96544724bd7d17402.jpg

088676b7d46a1133bdcfaddefe2fc0b3.jpg

Now I've tried a couple of places to try get this repaired, however one place is saying that the paintless dent repair won't work due to it being on the edge and pushing it out will probably crack the paint.

The other place said it's probably possible but they will spray over and matching the dynamic grey colour is going to be difficult.

I really want to get this repaired. Has anyone with the dynamic grey colour have to ever had any bodywork done? Or has anyone had to have a dent repaired in a similar place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cupra jonny

Aug 6, 2012
Hi all, so I've got a dent on the passenger wheel arch of my cupra

9e5136048dc4d9d96544724bd7d17402.jpg

088676b7d46a1133bdcfaddefe2fc0b3.jpg

Now I've tried a couple of places to try get this repaired, however one place is saying that the paintless dent repair won't work due to it being on the edge and pushing it out will probably crack the paint.

The other place said it's probably possible but they will spray over and matching the dynamic grey colour is going to be difficult.

I really want to get this repaired. Has anyone with the dynamic grey colour have to ever had any bodywork done? Or has anyone had to have a dent repaired in a similar place?

I would say the first place is correct regarding pdr, because its on swage line of the wheel arch it would be Hard to repair without damaging the paintwork. As for matching the dynamic grey paint you are best off going to a bodyshop with good reviews, they tend to be alot more expirienced and have better conditions to do the repair in than the likes of chips away!

Last edited:

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
Sorry to disagree but I had an almost identical dent inflicted on my Technik Grey ST. I had a PDR carried out at an excellent bodyshop in Leeds, absolutely impossible to detect where the dent was, think it was £95 all in. Swage line was not an issue for them. Can't post pics though would be happy to email to anyone who sends me their address.
Conal

bega

Oct 13, 2016
This should be fixable with dent tools. Just calm and easy. I have seen worse cases people work out.

aaaa_kk

Nov 19, 2016
Crawley, West Sussex
Thanks. I'm gonna try a body shop near me and see how they get on with it. Hopefully they won't need to respray as dynamic grey can be difficult to match

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Okay bud

Can give you 2 recommendation​ that i have used Washington Coach Works http://www.washingtoncoachworks.co.uk off the A24 fantastic quality body and paint work. And for PDR Dentz 07909 994063 based in Sussex. I used Washington for a little bit of work on my MR2 and Dentz for a dent similar to yours on our Ibiza.

Last edited:

aaaa_kk

Nov 19, 2016
Crawley, West Sussex
Okay bud

Can give you 2 recommendation​ that i have used Washington Coach Works http://www.washingtoncoachworks.co.uk off the A24 fantastic quality body and paint work. And for PDR Dentz 07909 994063 based in Sussex. I used Washington for a little bit of work on my MR2 and Dentz for a dent similar to yours on our Ibiza.

Thanks mate! I'll check them both out

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
The place in Leeds is called Dent and Wheel Repairs. LS12 6AD, 0113 2630458.
First class service right from me sending photos to get a quotation. I dropped the car off and they ran my wife and I into Leeds, when it was done they came and picked us up again and took us back to their base. The car was in a well lit inspection bay and only after I had inspected it and was happy with it did any money change hands.
Absolutely impossible to see where the dent had been even if you knew where it was. We are 70 miles away but I would certainly go back to them.
They also do mobile by the way.
Conal

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
I have a friend who has a Mazda 6 which suffered a similar dent. He had a paintless repair done, it didn't crack the paint and you can't see where it was. So it is possible!
If you do have to have it painted, I wouldn't worry about it. As others have said if you use a reputable paint shop they will match the paint no problem. I had to have a new bonnet fitted to my Monsoon Grey Ibiza and to be honest, the only way you would know, was by opening the bonnet and looking underneath. The body shop made a better job of finishing off the underside than Seat had done at the Factory......lol

Last edited:

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
This beauty was fixed by the nice chaps at Dent Rewind in Tunbridge Wells. Can't remember the cost but it was in the £85 area. Probably not as harsh or deep a ding as yours, but was still a nasty bugger :)

http://imgur.com/a/c631B

c631B

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
Happy to recommend Direct Finish in Leeds and York, 01133350743, 01904781714 for PDR and alloy wheel refurb including diamond cuts

PDR, ask for Alan 07947 564 231 he is mobile and will come to you ( yes he is Direct Finish). They have done PDR on two of my cars and an alloy local repair on my wife's car. The PDR was on my phantom black bonnet edge.

silles

May 4, 2017
I have the same problem, bl**dy door ding ...

I have seen some crazy methods on youtube, like use a hairdryer to heat up, than cool it down with compressed air and it just pops out. Or pour hot water over it than use a toilet pump :D

anyone tried these ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members