2006 Ibiza FR 130 PD

chrissyboy

Apr 5, 2017
St Helens, Merseyside
Hi, my name is Chris and I'm a Gemini, and I like a girl who... er, sorry wrong forum.. HA!

Let me start again, properly. I bought the Ibiza (FH06 SFU) at the beginning of April from a guy in Colywn Bay. He'd only had it a few weeks as a stop gap car as he was waiting on an insurance payout for a car that was damaged by a fallen tree branch.

The insurance company (unknown) were reluctant to pay out as it was deemed an act of god. But they did, and I was on the look out for a diesel (my first I might add). It was advertised as needing work doing (suspension bushes) and was a bit tatty. I wasn't that bothered as I like repairing/fixing /modding cars so why not?

I current have a 2003 Volvo S60R which will be up for sale in a few weeks once I've had the chance to finish off a few jobs that need doing. It'll free up some funds for getting the FR road worthy.

Once I get my post count up I'll post up some pics.

Thanks for reading.

chrissyboy

Apr 5, 2017
St Helens, Merseyside
Yeah, you're right. But no disrespect to the Ibiza because it's a cracking little car and I'm happy with it.

The Volvo has all the bells and whistles, is quick, comfortable and refined it has it's downsides: very thirsty (22mpg avg), expensive parts and unexpectedly unreliable.

I've had the Volvo for 7 years and over that time it's cost me a fortune to run (pay to play?!) but now I can turn my attention to this unloved little Ibiza as it would never, ever pass an MOT due in September.

chrissyboy

Apr 5, 2017
St Helens, Merseyside
Yeah, change is as good as a rest, as they say. Well, I've already started to straighten this car out trying to get it up to normal standard, i.e. fresh oil, new air and fuel filter. Oh, nearly forgot - pollen filter too.

None of the above has been done for ages judging by the colour of the air filter and the rust on the fuel filter.

Getting jobs done slowly but surely.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.