Sunglasses Holder

AdamC11

Jan 24, 2015
Bolton
Hi,

I'm looking to fit one of the above on MK3 where the grab handle is on the drivers side.

Can anybody recommend any and also advice on fitting?

Cheers

Ads

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
Don't you already have one under the right hand side of the steering column? Next to the light switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheeler

Feb 2, 2017
This does the trick for me without having to sacrifice any storage
207f1d2b1c08c466b0852c277d67893f.jpg

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
I too would like to know if its possible to fit one. My last car a focus had a sunglasses holder in the same place and i have gotten quite used to it. Its easy enough to reach with a single hand. the one below the steering wheel is a bit harder to reach during normal driving. Its a shame the Leon does not have the sunglasses holder where some VW and Skodas do, that would be much better but the lights/microphone/alarm panel is there instead

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
don't even have a drivers side grab handle on my cupra.

if it makes you feel any better, brand new Audi S5 doesn't have anywhere really to put sunnies either. :(

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
This does the trick for me without having to sacrifice any storage
207f1d2b1c08c466b0852c277d67893f.jpg

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I got a very similar one from Lidls last week for a couple of quid. It has a metal clip instead of the plastic but is soft foam inside and just clips over the sun visor.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I've installed a VW one in mine but only the passenger side has a grab handle

glassesholder.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
I have one of the VW sunglasses holders but have not fitted it yet. What I have done is to pull out part of the headlining on the drivers side (not very far!), starting at the top of the A pillar. I felt what appear to be two metal plates with slotted holes apparently attached to the headlining. The holes were the same distance apart as the fixing holes for the sunglasses holder.

The side airbag is up there and is clearly visible. So if you choose to fit it there you should proceed with caution. There are a number of sunglasses holders on eBay, but only VW ones would be certain to have the correct hole pitch.

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
Don't you already have one under the right hand side of the steering column? Next to the light switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is perfect for most sunglasses. Pure luck that I found it though. Don't think it's in the manual.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I don't have anything next to the steering column?

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
Is that a question?
You have a little pull down apartment if you look below the lights knob on the right side of the cabin (on a LHD car)

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I just use the small cubbyhole in front of the gear lever for my sunglasses, handy enough for me, and since when I'm in the drivers seat holding the steering wheel I certainly don't need a "jesus" handle on my side funky gibbon.

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
Well no. I wasn't saying it is needed. Just that it's my only ever car I've had that didn't have one. Would quite have liked the option to replace it with sunglasses holder , is all.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Is that a question?
You have a little pull down apartment if you look below the lights knob on the right side of the cabin (on a LHD car)
Oh, i know about that cubby hole, I thought you meant there was a dedicated glasses holder.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members