Rusty wing :(

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
So my 2007 leon fr has a rusty wing. I'm the second owner and had the car since 10k miles Never been in an accident or even had a car park knock. I checked the corrosion warranty and took it to my local dealer. I was told that the warranty only covers for 10years and mine is over by 5 months! Ouch! The dealer commented on the cars excellent condition and agreed to offer 50% towards the cost. I haven't read too much of this happening to Leon's although it seems common with mk5 golfs.

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
The reason it happens with the golfs is due to a foam padding on the inside of the wing that gets wet and/or traps moisture/kack which causes it to rust. Not sure if the leons are the same. One of the jobs on my list is to take the arch liners out and clean up and protect behind on my mk2

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I believe the Leon is the same as the golf.

When I took mine to my local dealer they said they wouldn't touch it as it doesn't have a full Seat service history.

Sounds like you've got a decent dealer down your way

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
I've heard that dealers can ask for full dealer history but it's not actually necessary. As long as your car has been serviced by a registered garage then they should still consider your car covered. I have full service by a local garage I trust but seldom use seat as it's a 45mile round trip.
To be fair to them. They inspected the cars condition and didn't ask about service history. They were decent to deal with

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
i was curious about this as mine are a bit funky on the under side :( i've heard too many people say they had no joy then a few say they have, i've heard some say it 12 years too not 10 mine will be 10 years in spetember so wondering if it's before 10 years are up

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
When I checked it does say that your covered for 12 years. That gave me confidence when I took my car in. The dealership then stated that it's been changed to 10 years and didn't even cover my issue!? Clearly I wasn't pleased but to be fair to them they inspected the car for any previous damage etc and once the condition was confirmed they were quick to offer me the 50% which I was happy to accept.
I also have a mk7 golf Gtd. unfortunately within 2 months I had an accident and the front was pretty damaged. The insurance arranged a garage to fix but I was horrified with the quality of work which is another reason why I wanted my seat to be done by the dealer. Granted the work could still be ropey but It's my best opportunity to get it done properly. I guess il find out in about 7-10 days!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.