Inspection due? clear message? RESOLVED

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
Hi all

starting my Leon today i got this message from the car. Now as far as i was aware it wouldnt be needing a service until roughly november/december the anniversary of its registration. I was aware that VAG do fixed and variable services. when i asked the salesman about this he said mine was on fixed. Which doesnt seem to tally up with what the car is telling me or the handbook.

regardless the message pinged up and checking in the car menu i found...

Inspection Service:
in 12100 mi / 29 days

oil change service
in 8400 mi / 261 days

now im struggling to find out how to reset it. surly the car doesnt need it doing yet as its only just hit about 24k and its not even 3 years old yet. I currently wont be doing more than 5000mi a year in it too.

having looked through the menus i cant see a way to reset this. (i managed it on my dads 2013 fabia) is it possible to get the service intervals changed? am i on the right one or should it be fixed?

Last edited:

EddieP

Nov 8, 2016
Coatbridge
not sure if this is how i can sort it out?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpyRsAIjmqY

after a quick look at the related videos it looks like that method works for the mk3 as well but some of the ones i seen arent in English and no volume whilst in work

if you have access to a vcds or obd you could do it that way

as for it not needing done yet is it possible the dealer forgot to reset it once they done it before giving you the car?

Last edited:

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
Inspection service is 2yrs or 30k Km and doesn't have to include an oil change, its for checking wear and tear on brakes, suspension etc.

Oil Change is either fixed ( 1yr 15k Km ) or Variable ( max 2yrs 30k Km )

This is from the service guide available on erWin

From what you posted it looks like your car is due an Inspection service in 29days

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
Hi folks.

its still under seat warranty and the used warranty. the car allegedly had a "mini" service from the garage before it was delievered and indeed there is a stamp in the book when they took hold of it in december.

so im kinda thinking uh why do i need this? gonna contact the garage at some point. But i actually had a trusted family mechanic give it the once over two weeks ago and he checked all mechanicals and declared it in great nick.

Goggles76

Oct 1, 2016
Hi folks.

its still under seat warranty and the used warranty. the car allegedly had a "mini" service from the garage before it was delievered and indeed there is a stamp in the book when they took hold of it in december.

so im kinda thinking uh why do i need this? gonna contact the garage at some point. But i actually had a trusted family mechanic give it the once over two weeks ago and he checked all mechanicals and declared it in great nick.

My Leon has just done exactly the same. I bought it in Oct 2016, it was an ex demo, 5000 miles first registered on 31/12/2015. It also had a mini service when I bought it. It now has 13000 on the clock and I've got the same message as you with similar days and / or miles till inspection. Quite surprised because wouldn't expect any warning till at least 12000 miles or 1 year after previous service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
I think best thing for me to do is study the service book and see what things should be and then pop into the garage in person and find out for certain what should be done and question them why if they have stamped the book in december, given a mini service why the car is alerting me to this. Im kinda reluctant to reset anything in case i end up voiding the warranty. was kind hoping i wouldnt have to shell out anymore money on cars for a while!

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
My inspection service was free, it's just a general check up.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
My inspection service was free, it's just a general check up.

really? it might sound a bit jaded but im surprised at a garage doing anything for nowt! mind if i ask how old your car is? is it under a service plan at all?

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
My car was bought in Nov 2013 with no service plan, had the inspection service mid last year. Got a free car wash out of it

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
well i popped into Johnsons seat in liverpool today. sat down with a staff member, laid out all the info i had for them, the service stamp from them in the handbook. the few other bits and bobs done to the car before delievery. after checking their records they could see that a service had been done to the car but it had been put onto the flexible service rather than the fixed service. they took the car off me there and then and reset the system for me and it was all done in 10 mins cost £0

of course its due its first major service under my ownership soon and its first MOT in december. which i expect it to fly through!

i suppose it begs the question given what mileage you do a year what service schedule should you be on? i thought the the flexible one would make sense for someone doing less than 5k a year?!

Goggles76

Oct 1, 2016
well i popped into Johnsons seat in liverpool today. sat down with a staff member, laid out all the info i had for them, the service stamp from them in the handbook. the few other bits and bobs done to the car before delievery. after checking their records they could see that a service had been done to the car but it had been put onto the flexible service rather than the fixed service. they took the car off me there and then and reset the system for me and it was all done in 10 mins cost £0

of course its due its first major service under my ownership soon and its first MOT in december. which i expect it to fly through!

i suppose it begs the question given what mileage you do a year what service schedule should you be on? i thought the the flexible one would make sense for someone doing less than 5k a year?!

That's good news! I've yet to contact Seat and find out about mine. Unfortunately the garage I bought it from is 70 miles away and there's little chance I can pop in :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members