Cupra 290 lowering

Bahnstormer

Cupra 280 DSG
May 16, 2016
Yes it's around 25-30mm drop. I have 18x8" et45 with 225/40 tires and no rub whatsoever. With stock wheels(i'm guessing you're on 19x8" et50 with 235/35) should be no problem at all.

Thank you for the info! :)

Any pics you could share? I would love to see the stance and how your car looks. :clap:

DAN MKII

Apr 19, 2016
Ive just fitted the vwrs and they look great and ride seems the same as stock to me. :)

DAN MKII

Apr 19, 2016
AWESOME GTI , great service so far.

also cant upload pics , do you have instagram?

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
Yes it's around 25-30mm drop. I have 18x8" et45 with 225/40 tires and no rub whatsoever. With stock wheels(i'm guessing you're on 19x8" et50 with 235/35) should be no problem at all.

Nice one mate thanks for the reassurance! Should close the wheel arch gap up nicely without being ludicrously low, can't wait to get them fitted now, fitted next week

OL10ROX

May 2, 2017
Anyone have or seen a in depth review of the H&R springs? Like the look of the drop but have seen some reviews for the golf r saying that they completely loose the handling characteristics and I would rather go for the VWR springs knowing that i haven't seen a bad review yet for them! Would just like to know what other cupra owners think?

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
Anyone have or seen a in depth review of the H&R springs? Like the look of the drop but have seen some reviews for the golf r saying that they completely loose the handling characteristics and I would rather go for the VWR springs knowing that i haven't seen a bad review yet for them! Would just like to know what other cupra owners think?

I feel i have to be totally honest and say the drop is probably too big for the OEM shocks. The car drives well and feels amazing on perfectly smooth roads but the ride is way too harsh in day to day driving, hence I'm buying coilovers. I'd go for a smaller drop and retain some of the comfort. I think aesthetically the HR springs are definitely the best I've seen though..

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
A little late, but pictures of H&R drop on my 280. Might be to much for some but i like it and have no problems.
It's a little bit bouncy on bad roads and some might be bothered. My wife havn't complaint lol so no biggie really.
021ab5b933aeabb96d1366144b3e4c8e.jpg

LiamCupra290

Mar 11, 2016
could you attach a link please? interested in these myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm entirely honest mate I'd go for the VWR or Eibach ones if I were you, I think the drop on the HR is probably too much for standard shocks, the ride is quite uncomfortable now to the point where I'm buying £2000 coilovers to make it enjoyable again :rofl:

Reactions: Cooper2020

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
If I'm entirely honest mate I'd go for the VWR or Eibach ones if I were you, I think the drop on the HR is probably too much for standard shocks, the ride is quite uncomfortable now to the point where I'm buying £2000 coilovers to make it enjoyable again :rofl:

thanks mate, will look into them! have you worried about warranty issues at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I have vwr on mine and the ride is good, works well with the dcc. However, they seem to have given me a bigger arch gap at the front and lower at the back, which is really annoying me. Going to have to do something about it.

Cupra jonny

Aug 6, 2012
Any opinions on the vogtland springs? They do 35mm or 45mm front and back for the cupra and are reduced to £130 atm. Has anyone got them? I might give them a go, dunno if to pay extra for the new shocks too.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.