Best Induction Kits?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi
Toying With the idea of an induction kit.
Additional horses always welcome and a little more noise under the bonnet isn't a bad thing, in my opinion.
I know the brand names like K&N, Green and Forge, but what are my other options if any?
Also does it increase throttle response enough to notice?
Any thoughts or experiences would be great.
Cheers.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
I'm sure I remember badger5 doing some research on this and the jr coming out favourably. A heat shield is recommended as well. TBH if you can get the badger5 tip, jr filter and heat shield it's a good combo.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I'm sure I remember badger5 doing some research on this and the jr coming out favourably. A heat shield is recommended as well. TBH if you can get the badger5 tip, jr filter and heat shield it's a good combo.

Badger5 TIP waiting to be fitted, so that's a touch.
Never heard of JR so will take a look.
Cheers bud.

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
VW R600 intake are alright my Buddy with a APR stage 2 DSG recommends it.

I'm going for the Revo intake though. Ive got a lot of aftermarket Revo parts being put on next month as well as a uprated race clutch. Aiming for Revo stage 2 in few months time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
I was talking about intakes, the stock intake is 50% down on airflow compared to the R600 and Revo air intake. That does increase power how ever slight

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I was talking about intakes, the stock intake is 50% down on airflow compared to the R600 and Revo air intake. That does increase power how ever slight

I spoke about induction kit being a waste of money.
More noise and fuss than any gains... Intake pipe is a different story, he's got the badger 5 item to go in already but I guess the revo and all the others​ are ok too. May I ask How much was the intake from revo?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
I spoke about induction kit being a waste of money.
More noise and fuss than any gains... Intake pipe is a different story, he's got the badger 5 item to go in already but I guess the revo and all the others​ are ok too. May I ask How much was the intake from revo?

£249 but that's with out the filters. The R600 replaces the box after the scoop and is considerably bigger. The filters from Revo are washable though which is a key thing.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Induction kit = waste of money.
Sound yes but nothing elsewhere.

Thanks Andrew, sound not important, the exhaust I'm fitting gives a great noise.
At least it brought the LC to life, so should do the same with the R.
Am I right in saying there are other ways to in crease engine noise, such as changing resonator or deresonator pipes etc? Which won't compromise power?
Again not my intended route but am trying to glean as much knowledge as possible.

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
It all depends on what ones budget is

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Ok so having trolled the Badger5 forum it's looking like I will get good gains when mapping the car if I add cone filter and a heat shield to go with my Badger5 TIP.
That with a little extra noise too sounds like a decent idea.
Will have a chat with them in the morning.

diponio24

Aug 29, 2016
I had a jetex then switched to the Honda s2000 filter

Sent from my RAINBOW using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members