Window lowering squeeeek

ronnoc

Feb 2, 2015
So when i put my windows down it is squeeking sound prpduce
What to do?
Tnx
I have that from my NSF window sometimes dunno what's causing it. It only happens going down not up for me. I'd like to know how to sort it too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
That type of noise sometimes comes from the glass as it is sliding through the felt guides at either side of the door. If that is the source of the noise then squirt some silicone lubricant spray (available from somewhere like Halfords) down each of the guides. Then lower and raise the windows a few times to work it in. That will sort out your issue.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
On my previous car I had a squeak from the n/s/f window and it was the sealing strip at the bottom of the window, if I remember correctly I gave the window a good polish and it stopped.

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
That type of noise sometimes comes from the glass as it is sliding through the felt guides at either side of the door. If that is the source of the noise then squirt some silicone lubricant spray (available from somewhere like Halfords) down each of the guides. Then lower and raise the windows a few times to work it in. That will sort out your issue.

OOh don't go near it with silicone just yet, It can cause all sorts of problems.

Try wetting a detergent and water spray and trying it...does this help?

Have a go at claybar on your window followed by a good clean with mer glass polish or similar.

Drop the window and wipe the felt guide with dtergent in water followed by isopropyl alcohol or neat vodka then dry it with a paper towel.

Slide paper in between the felt guide and window and try it again? Still noise? Then it is the internal mechanism that needs a lube and not the window rubber.

Getting silicone on your window rubbers can start a whole series of creaking and squeaking when you are driving if you are not careful....I know this from personal experience

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Some on here have tried some stuff called Gummi Pflege and seem to swear by it. It stops rubber squeaking, so may work on your windows ;)
Mmm. Squeaky rubber . Mmm. :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members