034 Motorsport lower engine mount impressions

ganfarr

May 3, 2016
Back to running summer tyres on my Cupra 290 ST.
Have now changed to the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on the front nas well and with the 034 Motorsport mount I think I've finally got rid of wheel hop.
Still had some last year with the stock Pirelli P-Zero's at times and same with winter 18" Goodyear UltraGrip Performance GEN-1 while running the Motorsport mount with both.
Now all but eliminated with Michelin's and the 034.
Very impressed so far with the Pilot 4S on 1st weekend of running on a trip away in a mix of dry and damp conditions.

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
I get mine tomorrow or weds so will let you all know.

034 mount with MPS4S must feel good. Can't wait to get rid of the contis on the front as they are not great tyres even in the dry they are struggling. 034 mount should help a bit.

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
that is good to hear Jarre.

is it really that much better? I get mine tomorrow hopefully and can't wait to fit now

what are the big changes>?

Springrollz

Jul 22, 2016
London
I get mine tomorrow or weds so will let you all know.

034 mount with MPS4S must feel good. Can't wait to get rid of the contis on the front as they are not great tyres even in the dry they are struggling. 034 mount should help a bit.
It might be because of the mount but I've changed from the cs5p to PSS and ive noticed little change. Most noticeable change is it doesn't spin as much in 2nd and that's about it .
Haven't tested it in the wet yet

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I've found if you give the car a little more throttle setting off in 1st or reversing it pretty much eliminated any judder. Not sure how this will work in a DSG.

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
well its here but its absolutely tipping it down here!!

hope to fit later this week and report back

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
nice one. did you do it yourself? jack the car up and put on stands?

was the bolt easy to get out?

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
get under the car and get a pic of your mount. its the only way to tell for sure.

billman

Dec 20, 2009
Don't have the car yet. I have started buying parts to have them placed before it's delivered to me.
Cayenne 6pots are also on the way to me.

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
Same as you fella.

Jacked up the car, some wd40, bolt out and mount in.

It was wet n slippery when I went out...no horrid wheel hop, can even get the power down in second in cupra mode and it handles a bit tighter too.

Well happy and what a mod for £47.50 delivered!!

Did not notice any more vibration after too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141191745@N03/34608242462/in/dateposted-public/

Make sure you check under the car before you buy as no guarantee your 300 cupra will be version 2.

Last edited:

strell

Nov 30, 2016
I bought the forge one that they recently developed. Don't know why I waited 5 months to do so. Such a dramatic change for £40 and 10 minutes work. Can just drive up on a curb to get under as well. Super easy

Das Chin

Aug 31, 2016
looks exactly the same and in nice black too. was that £41 delivered? even more of a bargain.

strell

Nov 30, 2016
Yep. £41 with delivery. But then their system messed up so I chased 4 days later as it hadn't update from processing. So they sent it next day delivery and refunded me £20. So ended up getting it for £20. Amazing :)

Last edited:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I looked at ordering last night but ordering is confusing. Which version did you opt for? 034 is less confusing as they list 2 types and give pictures to help decifer which to order. Forge give long part numbers as the only differentiator?? For the sake of £6 I'd be happy knowing I've ordered the correct part

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.