End of my Seat journey

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
Today I part-exchanged my 2015 Leon ST Cupra 280. I absolutely loved the car and had a great 18 months with it from new, but it was never quite the car that I wanted. I felt as if I was constantly having to change things on it to make it in to the car that I wanted. Last week I test drove a 14 plate RS4, today I picked it up. That was the car I was looking for and now was the time to get out of my PCP deal before it plummeted in to major negative equity!

Thank you to everyone for help and comments on the forum. When the time comes for a sensible 2nd car I think I would go for a Leon TDI FR so I may be back!

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Today I part-exchanged my 2015 Leon ST Cupra 280. I absolutely loved the car and had a great 18 months with it from new, but it was never quite the car that I wanted. I felt as if I was constantly having to change things on it to make it in to the car that I wanted. Last week I test drove a 14 plate RS4, today I picked it up. That was the car I was looking for and now was the time to get out of my PCP deal before it plummeted in to major negative equity!

Thank you to everyone for help and comments on the forum. When the time comes for a sensible 2nd car I think I would go for a Leon TDI FR so I may be back!
Post some pics of the new car! Congrats man

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
Pictures of new car as requested...

FullSizeRender%202.jpg

FullSizeRender%203.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

Despite it being a 4.2 litre V8 I am getting similar mileage out of it as the Cupra. However the noise and whole experience is just a different league. Hands down the best car I have ever owned!

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Pictures of new car as requested...

FullSizeRender%202.jpg

FullSizeRender%203.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

Despite it being a 4.2 litre V8 I am getting similar mileage out of it as the Cupra. However the noise and whole experience is just a different league. Hands down the best car I have ever owned!
Looks fantastic mate. Lovely colour. Enjoy it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
The things I'd do for a v8 are unspeakable!! Cracking motor mate, absolutely love it. My dad had an s5 so I know from experience you'll love it lol

Last edited:

nuvolablue

May 1, 2017

First of all Congrats!
But how on earth are you managing to get the same mpg!?

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TrainDriverEdd

Apr 12, 2016
Looks gorgeous that RS4 pal. A nice move upmarket. I was toying with the idea of a similar car but at the moment I'm sticking with my 280ST.

No doubt the running costs will be higher in terms of insurance, tax and servicing. That said, it's worth it for the monster engine underneath the bonnet. :)

Let's not forget that a 280ST was quicker than a RS4 around the ring but down a runway the RS4 would eat it alive.

Good luck with the new motor. She's a stunner.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Guessing that's about £30k's worth of car and a year older than a Leon worth about £15k .....so, as already said, not really comparable

Last edited:

Havsgaard

Jan 15, 2014
Denmark
Nice ride - should i ever get a pocket full enough for an rs, it would be a rs4.
However with danish car prices, that is probably never gonna happen - a 13 model rs4 is around 900.000dkr(~100.000£) - so ill just keep dreaming

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.